I don't understand

saudi

FEMALES!!!!

There is this girl you see and this the way I felt today dealing with her

misc-jackie-chan.png

I'm getting like mixed messages or something. I really love (not sure what word to use here because the English language does not have multiple words to describe love and the word "like" does not really do it justice) her, it just feels like I am getting pushed away and not being pushed away other times, almost the opposite.

I just want to do things right, by God and by her.

Posting on here for prayer, advice, and wisdom from people who have been there and done that. Or something like that.

You give us very little detail, but with what you've given us I would say... Step back. Pray. Sometimes we let our emotions get the better of us and we don't think clearly. Look and see if your current relationship is right with God, and if it's right for you and her. If there's anything that's not right (with God) then get out of it. If you're a Christian and she's not, get away. I know some people might not agree with me, but it's better to lose that relationship than lose your relationship with Christ because of that other person. I'm not saying that this is the situation you're in, again, you don't really give us much information.
That's my .02... Prayin for ya.

On the plus side you're Jackie Chan :p .

Sorry Saudi I feel I've not got the experience to speak on the subject. Hang in there and keep praying though!

You give us very little detail, but with what you've given us I would say... Step back. Pray. Sometimes we let our emotions get the better of us and we don't think clearly. Look and see if your current relationship is right with God, and if it's right for you and her. If there's anything that's not right (with God) then get out of it. If you're a Christian and she's not, get away. I know some people might not agree with me, but it's better to lose that relationship than lose your relationship with Christ because of that other person. I'm not saying that this is the situation you're in, again, you don't really give us much information.
That's my .02... Prayin for ya.

Yes, she is a Christian (well, only God knows peoples' hearts). Trying to date a non Christian is a pretty dumb way to go about things (Not saying it hasn't worked out at all for some people, but it's not a wise thing to do).

Last edited:
Make sure your relationship with Christ is good first. If you don't have a good relationship with God you're earthly relationships are going to suffer as result. Until you've got a good strong relationship with God, and talk and listen to Him regularly, your earthly relationships (or potential relationships) are going to be weak. This isn't even in regards to just dating or friends, but our relationships with all those around us.

Again, I don't know your exact situation, but I would say make sure you're sound in your relationship with Christ before you think about relationships with others. I'm sure it's not the advice that you were looking for, but...

Make sure your relationship with Christ is good first. If you don't have a good relationship with God you're earthly relationships are going to suffer as result. Until you've got a good strong relationship with God, and talk and listen to Him regularly, your earthly relationships (or potential relationships) are going to be weak. This isn't even in regards to just dating or friends, but our relationships with all those around us.

Again, I don't know your exact situation, but I would say make sure you're sound in your relationship with Christ before you think about relationships with others. I'm sure it's not the advice that you were looking for, but...

I appreciate the advice, however hard it may be. :) Sorry for being terrible about how to give detail about it, not sure exactly how to put it all down.

I'm married and I feel that way almost every day. ;)

Phoenix28's advice is good, but also consider her relationship with Christ. While it's important for you to get yours correct, just because she's a Christian doesn't mean that her relationship with Christ is strong either. Often people will know what God wants for them, but their "heart" (usually a nice way of saying what Scripture calls "sinful nature" or "flesh") wants something else. Keep praying. Pray for her, pray for yourself. Pray for God's will be to clear for you both. Be ready to obey even if the answer isn't what you think you want.

Not sure, that last one just came to me.

Thanks guys for the prayers and advice. I only ask on here because most of the people I know are around the same age and either in the same boat or don't care, and I know there are people on here who are older than me and married who know about these more so than I do.

I'm late to the game here, but I have learned a few things from my youth about young women, some (perhaps a lot) can be quite fickle in their own ideas of what they want. Sometimes when they ingnore or brush you off, they are saying "I'm just not intrested in you" while othe times the same actions could mean to try harder. It really is a hard time in life for young men to so that they can be the brave one that is willing to risk being let down when you receive so many mixed signals.

But, I would most definitly agree that if you keep you eyes and heart set on Christ, then if she's is the one God intended for you to be with the correct path will show itself to you. If not, she could be the friend that introduces you to your right one, only God knows for sure.

Mars Hill has some good sermons about dating and marriage.
Dating and Life sermons Here
And Marriage stuff Here

I don't agree with all of the stuffs but, most of it seems "good"(Biblical).

Back