i can haz release date?

Cryøgenic

So thursday at 3:30 Bioware has some announcements to make about TOR at Comic-Con. They will be releasing some new game footage and hopefully a release date, altho not confirmed. Based on the number of events TOR has going on there this weekend and all the build-up, oh Bioware you're such a tease, I think they will announce launch.

Anyone else care to speculate? I think release will be October.

yeah it has to be November or December, in case you guys haven't heard Star Wars Galaxies is going to be taken "off the air" in December. They are shutting down all servers and not going to support the game anymore. Seems curious doesn't it?

My instinct is with Ewoks ... they'll miss 2011. I think it might start out as November (because you'd always want to try to hit that) but then get pushed. Frankly, I'm almost hoping for that, because it would mean Bioware pushing for a quality release and winning over EA pushing to squeeze it in for the holidays (and 2011).

here the official stance on it.
Everyone at BioWare and EA is working to ensure that Star Wars: The Old Republic is delivered at the quality level you expect from BioWare and Star Wars.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is expected to launch in the second half of 2011. Information on the release date and pre-order programs will be released as it becomes available.

The above is our official position on a release date window for Star Wars: The Old Republic. Everything else is speculation.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=382608

So I guess i could revise to a 2011 date. I just don't think they can pull it off.

Last edited:
Here is the EA Origin receipt I received with their official hint at release:

"Dear mark XXXXXX:
Thank you for ordering from Origin Store on July 21, 2011. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for EA * Origin.com on your credit card billing statement.

YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION
Order Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Order Date: July 21, 2011
Billing Information:
mark XXXXXX
XXXX XXXXXXXXX lane

XXXXXXXXXXXXX NY XXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX@yahoo.com

ORDER SUMMARY

Product SKU: 71065
Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $5.00
Digital Rights: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Product SKU: 71074
Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition (Pre-Ordered)
Estimated Release Date: Targeting Holiday 2011
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $54.99

SubTotal: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Tax: $4.80
Total: $64.79

Additional Product Information: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order -
1) Go to www.swtor.com/preorder/code
2) Click "Register your pre-order" (You will be prompted to log in or create a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ account if needed)
3) Enter and Confirm your pre-order code when prompted. (This is listed as “Digital Rights” in your receipt above.)
4) Complete Registration.
5) You will be notified by email of your early access time at a later date.

LOOKING UP YOUR ORDER

Go to http://store.origin.com and click on the Customer Service link. You may also find other helpful information on this page.
Look up your order either through “View recent order history and purchase details” link at the top of the page.

DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS

Downloadable products may be accessed by looking up your order. When the order summary appears, click on the Download link next to the product name.

PHYSICAL PRODUCTS

You will receive a separate e-mail notification when your products have shipped.

PREORDER PRODUCTS

Please note that preordered items are not available until the day they are released.

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Origin"

Get early access to Star Wars: The Old Republic. Pre-order Now.
If you are having trouble viewing this email, please click here.

The wait is over. Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is now available for pre-order. Order now to lock in your Early Game Access.

QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED

• Early Game Access - create your character and explore the universe first.

• The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day.

• A unique Color Stone to change your weapon effect - only available via pre-order.

*PRE-ORDER OFFER EXPIRES WHEN PRODUCT RELEASES. CODE EXPIRES DECEMBER 31, 2012. GOOD ONLY FOR NEW PURCHASES OF "STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC" ("PRODUCT"). VALID ONLY AT PARTICIPATING RETAILERS. CODE WILL BE EMAILED WITH CONFIRMATION OF OFFER AND MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, TRADED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. VALID WHEREVER PRODUCT IS SOLD. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ACCEPTANCE OF END USER ACCESS AND LICENSE AGREEMENT, PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION, ACCOUNT REGISTRATION (13+ TO REGISTER), PAID SUBSCRIPTION AND VALID PAYMENT METHOD REQUIRED TO ACCESS GAMEPLAY. ONLINE DOWNLOAD OF THE PRODUCT REQUIRES ACCEPTANCE OF ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT AND INSTALLATION OF ORIGIN APPLICATION SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT). EULAS AND DISCLOSURES CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM/1/PRODUCT-EULAS. ENTITLEMENT TO EARLY ACCESS IS CONTINGENT ON THE DATE OF YOUR PRE-ORDER AND THE RELEASE DATE OF THE PRODUCT. SEE PRE-ORDER FAQ'S AT WWW.SWTOR.COM/PREORDER/FAQ FOR DETAILS. PAYMENT METHOD AGE RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. SWTOR ONLINE SERVICE MAY BE RETIRED AFTER 90 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.SWTOR.COM. AGREEMENT TO SHARE ACCOUNT INFORMATION WITH LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ("LUCASFILM") IS REQUIRED. PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE AVAILABLE AT WWW.SWTOR.COM. THE FIRST 30 DAYS OF SUBSCRIPTION IS INCLUDED IN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. SUBSCRIPTIONS MAY BE CANCELLED AT ANY TIME. SEE WWW.SWTOR.COM FOR DETAILS. PRE-ORDER QUANTITIES LIMITED.

BioWare Copyright and Trademark Information | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

BioWare, 200 - 4445 Calgary Trail, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6H 5R7

Click here or simply reply to this email to unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from Star Wars: The Old Republic.

LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, Star Wars and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © 2011 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. EA and the EA logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

*PRE-ORDER OFFER EXPIRES WHEN PRODUCT RELEASES. CODE EXPIRES DECEMBER 31, 2012. GOOD ONLY FOR NEW PURCHASES OF "STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC" ("PRODUCT"). VALID ONLY AT PARTICIPATING RETAILERS. CODE WILL BE EMAILED WITH CONFIRMATION OF OFFER AND MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, TRADED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. VALID WHEREVER PRODUCT IS SOLD. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED EE WWW.SWTOR.COM FOR DETAILS. PRE-ORDER QUANTITIES LIMITED.

OUCH December 2012? hehe

So, when do we start planning the release over nighter?

What do we call it?

Meat Wars?
Star Grill?
Attack of the Nerds?
Revenge of the old dudes?

This could require a poll?

So, when do we start planning the release over nighter?

What do we call it?

Meat Wars?
Star Grill?
Attack of the Nerds?
Revenge of the old dudes?

This could require a poll?

Sounds like your area of expertise, Icthus. If you want a poll, go ahead and make it.:rolleyes:

The anticipation is getting very exciting! It is very encouraging to see so many members eagerly posting here the instant we have news on the pre-order after so much time of silence. 16 members on the swtor.com guild site is a nice start! We also seem to have a nice diverse interest in all the classes.

Also, I wouldn't pay much mind to that notice about December 31st, 2012. That's probably intended to be the last chance date you have to enter pre-order codes if you do not play at the retail release. Looks like they are settling in for Q4 Holiday 2011, and probably want to give people a year to enter the codes they purchased in case they do not follow through at the release.

Back