I Bought This Game On A Steam Sale And I Have No One To Play It With

/bump

I still want to play Hoard with someone. Anyone. C'mon.
I almost forgot I bought that game. I would like to try out Hoard, but I can't play it. Graphical corruption is having a party in my game. I will have to try out some of the solutions mentioned on the publisher's forum first.

I almost forgot I bought that game. I would like to try out Hoard, but I can't play it. Graphical corruption is having a party in my game. I will have to try out some of the solutions mentioned on the publisher's forum first.
Unfortunately, the PC port of HOARD was a disappointment (no local co-op, no option to change camera angle, awkward mouse controls at launch, etc.) after playing the demo of the PSN version.

But the PC version was less than $3 and the PSN version was $10 and I've had very little success rounding up people to play games with me on PSN (even the excellent co-op brawler Castle Crashers), so the choice was still obvious.

I know this is a little old. But, I figured I'd put it out there in case there are other Portal 2 users who miss the game (maybe through user-generated levels).

I enjoy the game Portal 2. The thing is, as much as I appreciate the gameplay involved (as compared to an FPS or zombie game), it's a linear storyline. There's no open world for you to do things in (like TF2, if you know what I mean). You go from point A to point B and then the game is over. Mind you, there are achievements that Valve built into the game that give you an added incentive to gain those achievements. But, still, this is one of those innovations that ended up as a one-off.

I enjoyed Portal 2's single-player campaign, but 2-player co-op is where Portal 2 really shines. Most co-op multiplayer experiences are, "You shoot those dudes and I'll shoot these dudes," but Portal 2 actually requires thought and cooperation.

Don't get me wrong; I spent many, many hours playing through Doom II levels with Elihu over a null modem cable and it was a blast. I also played through most of the Portal 2 co-op campaign with Elihu. :)

Portal 2 co-op was a blast, but a little too easy (at least for me and Cryogenic). We didn't really get hung up on any levels. Some user-generated material might provide a challenge though - haven't tried any of that yet.

A UK bud of mine and I burned through the co-op in an afternoon. We tried the user created stuffs.. but kept having troubles connecting.. =/ Very fun game still :)

Back