my current build:
1/56/2

i'm thinking i wanna go to this build:
41/20/0

or maybe even a survival build:
18/0/43

or even marks:
8/48/5

i dunno. i'm thinking i like the beastmaster build the best, but i dont wanna waste more gold with my flying mount coming up.

thoughts?

NO!!! BAd build... ask Fox and how my build will give your pet more damage then yuo could ever dream.

No offence but that is an aweful spec for BM... Once again I'll say it.

If you want "Aimed Shot" then spec Marksmen... Period

Aspect of the Hawk is worthless to a BM hunter. You will run with Viper.

Rapid Killing is on of the best telents.

If you want the long reasons why, talk to me on vent I'd be more then happy to explain everything to you.

Last edited:
simple explanation being speed increase= shot rotation loss.
BetterShot.jpg

While it seems nice to have your speed increased the ability to weave in other shots provides much larger dps increases to the uncontrollable at.sp procs. Hunters used to believe the T2.5 bonus on reduced rapid fire combined with rapid killing was the key to max dps. that all changed with hunters role being based around shot roation by blizz. The most humerous thing being they decided to make a class timing dependent with little or no regard given to server/client latency.

Knowing your shots is the key to higher dps. combined with a BM spec lol

Serpent Sting: 44 DPS 2.4 DPM
Arcane Shot: 382 DPS 2.49 DPM
Steady Shot: 411 DPS 5.60 DPM

The ideal shot rotation would probably look something like the above picture over time you would shoot things in the following order.
Steady / Arcane / Auto / Steady / Kill Command (if available) / Auto Steady / Multi (if no Crowd Control)
[repeat]
Although aimed shot does a good amount of damage, it resets the Auto Shot timer.

And Mord is right on on Aimed shot.
In the time you are casting ONE Aimed Shot you could have cast

1. Auto Shot
2. Steady Shot
3. Arcane Shot

And you’d be most of the way through casting another Steady and Auto Shot

Essentially, shooting *ONE* aimed shot costs about the same as shooting almost *FIVE* other shots .. though it only does the damage of about 2. It does however retain its value for when you are initiating combat with a misdirect or whatever people to with it in PVP.

At the end of it all, Shot Rotation comes down to 2 things
#1 – Choosing the Most valuable shot you currently have available
#2 – Minimizing time spent not ‘casting’

If you’ve got a slow attack speed – you will have enough time to safely fit a Second Special into every second or third set of shots… that is less efficient in terms of mana consumption but does a lot of damage sooner.

I do not agree with this Wulf.. while the basis is correct I would prefer to have my Auto shot at 2.0 (Which it is now, with a 3.0 Bow Speed) or even 1.8 , gives me just enought time to get my steady shot or Arcane+Kill Command or Multi Shot in between each Auto while increasing my pet DPS and amount of Kill Commands. I'm not a MM I want a balance fast speed, toHit, Crit, and AP to increase my pets DPS and My DPS.

As it stands right now, my pet is a monster on DPS, he does 1/3 my damage, that huge! and as my DPS goes up so does his.

Well balance is the key essentially. I just intended that stacking all out haste is not the end all dps solution. though with the changes to haste you may be correct. I'm a bit rusty does the new haste mechanics affect channell shots now? or is that simply a spell cast mechanic?

Ah n/m i see where im in the wrong i'll fix that tonight when i get home

Last edited:
When I pop my Rapid fire and my hourglass goes off I get way fast, add in Heroism and it is hard to get my shot cycles off, just'cause it's so fast... yes, Steady Shot is spead up with haste as well. So Rapid Fire speeds up Steady Shot.

Doesn't matter either way. Even the best wow players turn into nubz when they play a hunter. I'm not sure how it happens...

I have tried all 3 specs and i have stuck with marksmanship i believe my specs are like 12/45/3.I just like to say that i believe you should play you hunter the way you like to play,if beastmaster is what you like then stick with it, if marks is what you like then stick with it, if survival is what you like then stick with it, i enjoy playing wow when i can and i enjoy my hunter augustious the way he is by being marksman.I have tweaked my talent tree a time or two but have pretty much have stayed marksman in the 2yrs or so that i have been playing wow.I hope this helps you some.

Back