Humble Indie Bundle V

MajorX17

A new humble indie bundle just released today with a pretty impressive line-up of games:
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Psychonauts
  • LIMBO
  • Sword & Sworcery
and, if you beat the average purchase price ($6.60 at the time of this post)
  • Bastion

(also, you get each game's soundtrack)

A new humble indie bundle just released today with a pretty impressive line-up of games:
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Psychonauts
  • LIMBO
  • Sword & Sworcery
and, if you beat the average purchase price ($6.60 at the time of this post)
  • Bastion

(also, you get each game's soundtrack)

These Humble Bundles are depressing. Everyone of them is, for me at least, I'd like to try Bastion, Limbo and Psychonauts... but I don't want to own or support Amnesia, blech... pass.

I bought Frozen Synapse in one of them. Then, after I had bought it, they ended up adding another game to it and automatically joining it to my Steam account. Now I feel obligated to play a game I have no interest in before going through the effort of having Steam delete it... and yes I am an orderly person.

Last edited:
You could put it all towards charity and not add Amnesia to your Steam account.

You could put it all towards charity and not add Amnesia to your Steam account.

I'll think about it (not that enamored with the games though just mildly interested) but last time the game they added to the bundle was added to my Steam account without me doing anything. I'll have to research the Charities more too. If I remember right Child's Play sounded fine but the other was an organization against censorship... and it was based in California... I don't want to end up giving to someone like the Human Rights Campaign . They could be fine though I'll just have to look them up some time to see.

Edit: A quickie look a the EFF charity. They do some things for freedom of speech online in countries like China, protect technology ownership rights and work against obtrusive (U.S.A) government monitoring online. The worse I saw was some ambiguous writtings about restricting biometric use by the Governement. Some parts of it sounded good to prevent abuse by the government while other parts sounded like they wanted to protect illegal immigrants from getting deported, hmmmm. Anyway that's my quick glance research results. Edit: Hmm they are representing a Megaupload user in court. Megaupload was not a good place itself but I expect some of it's users were legit and shouldn't be shafted.

Last edited:
I might be missing something... but what exactly is the issue with Amnesia? I'm a little confused.

I might be missing something... but what exactly is the issue with Amnesia? I'm a little confused.

It's not the horror aspect because I didn't find it scary. I watched a let's play of it and it's plot had moral ambiguity I was not comfortable with.

Basically the lead character tortures and kills a bunch of criminals and eventually innocents to protect himself. Then erases his own memory to deal with it. Although the lead character can choose an ending with repentance he really didn't seem that repentant, or caring at the end, more like self justified.

Really it was scripted that way to just disturb you but I dislike it enough not to want to have it in my Steam list or pay money for it. There are worse games you could buy that I could articulate moral objections to much better. With Amnesia I just don't feel comfortable with it. It's more of a case of not wanting the other games enough that is keeping me away anyway.

Edit: Also Lovecraft work wasn't, shall we say, agreeable with Christian moral perspectives . Anything Lovecraftian inspired kinda puts me off.

Last edited:
Back