How to start a WOW ministry

tamjap

I have been playing Horde on Ravenholt for about a month. I have a 25 undead mage, and quite a few unchurched friends who play. I would like to begin a ministry - maybe a Christian guild - but I don't even know where to start.

It would probably be easiest if I could get some members of my church involved to start it up with me, but I think I am the only real geek there, and about half of those who would be really good a witnessing are unfamiliar with the game enough that they would probably think it was evil (like so many did with D&D of old).

I have very few leadership skills, and am not much of a witness. Any advice on beginning a new ministry guild would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. I would probably prefer to keep my Mage in his current guild. Why change if he is already in a good place.

It would probably be easiest if I could get some members of my church involved to start it up with me, but I think I am the only real geek there, and about half of those who would be really good a witnessing are unfamiliar with the game enough that they would probably think it was evil (like so many did with D&D of old).

I have very few leadership skills, and am not much of a witness. Any advice on beginning a new ministry guild would be appreciated.
As MSC guild leader, let me first state that aquired leadership from an ex-guild leader I was the Bible Study leader before that, with tthat said I believe the best way to start is to find like minded ppl in game that have your same believes and faith in Jesus. After that it doesn't hurt to aquint yourself with some others that might be searching for a different more relaxed guild. Get to know interested people. Be your self is prolly the best advise if ppl see Christ in your actions you won't have to worry about leadership skills. Another thing is Pray about it if it right God will bring ppl to the guild.
A good place to start would be setting up a game plan by figuring out what you want guild to be, ie. Causal, Moderate Radiers, or Heavy Raiders. I can tell you that will make a BIG differnce on ppl the are those who are very causal and don't care or intend to be anything other than that.
Next I would prolly write out your expectations of your guild, sort of the rules and regulations, to include what your ranks will be, who has what rights as officers and what is expected of them, your expectations of non-officer players and the ways to invite ppl into guild.
I guess that is how I would try and start a guild to begin with. Check out http://toj.cc/wow/msc/ (under the Info tab) to see if there might be something that will help you. If you have anything else that I can help you with don't hesitate to let me know.

Kleburg has several good points, all of them I agree with. I would say to succeed, know what you are good at and what you are not, and then build a leadership (officers) around your weaknesses. Have vision for what your guild is about and be unwavering/unforgiving about it. Many will come to tell you how you should do it but stick with your vision and bless their parting. Understand that Christ is see through what you do not say, especially in WoW where purple shineys can split guilds. Be generous, set boundaries, know your limits. Wow, I hope I don't scare you off ;) Oh, you started on a good theme, seek advice.

Back