How to play 1.6 in a LAN (no WAN access)

SuN

Just as a curiosity:

how to set 1.6 up in a LAN environment? Anyone have done it before?

THanks. SOrry for my noobiness.

I dont think you need a Steam ID for a LAN because technically your not connecting to the internet.

Its the same logic as everyone using the same Starcraft CD key  on a LAN, because it dosen't check for CD keys untill you try to log onto the internet.

Actually, now that I think about it Steam checks for a login (SteamID) before you can even launch CS, even if its to play a single player.

To set it up, its basically the same way as CS 1.5 so when you create a game under a LAN, people should be able to see your game under their "LAN games" tab.

Try lauching the hlds.exe in your C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email address]\counter-strike folder.  But I don't know if there is a server.cfg file you need to go along with it.  Google hlds.exe and 1.6, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Nay... Unless ur on an internet, theres no way to create a game. All Steam-games are required to connect to internet. It stinks..

Thats another reason i don't liek about steam.. u can't play LAN with ease.. half of my friends like gave up playin CS cuz steam was added.. its sad...

Back