How to get invited?

AmericanJudkins

Hey everyone,

I just picked up WoW for the FIRST TIME ($5, couldn't pass it up) and I'm trying to figure out how to get rolling. My only MMO experience is in Guild wars, which I spent over 2 years playing. But there I felt like there were tons more people running around that you could quest with, but I feel utterly alone in WoW. So I have a few questions:

1. Is it just because I'm such a low level and I haven't really gotten into the "Big cities" yet? Do I even need to quest with people?

2. I remember in GW, I could always play solo, but i would need to hire "henchmen" to help me (AI players) through the quests. Do those exist?

3. If I'd like to join up and help/get help from other ToJ players, how would I do that?

- Thanks!

JJ

First, make sure you roll on Stonemaul alliance side.

Then do a /who redeemed

Pick a name and /w <name> and say that Tek said let you in NOW or elses all your purples will be Icthus'

That should work....

Or not...

If you only bought the one game for $5, I'd buy the other two (Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King) now as well. You may not find them this cheap again, and you will need them in a matter of weeks.

1. Is it just because I'm such a low level and I haven't really gotten into the "Big cities" yet? Do I even need to quest with people?

Most quests in WoW do not require you to group with anyone in order to do them. You will get a few quests that recommend 2, 3, or 5 players to complete it, but these quests will tell you that up front when you read them. Most grouping is done in dungeons (requires 5 players, typically one tank, three dps (damage dealers), and one healer. At the highest level, grouping is also done in raids, which can either be 10-man or 25-man.

2. I remember in GW, I could always play solo, but i would need to hire "henchmen" to help me (AI players) through the quests. Do those exist?

Some quests have NPCs (non-player characters, or AI characters) that either help you, or need to be protected by you. They will automatically be at the quest starting point, or somewhere along the way of the quest. You will never need to hire NPCs to help you; that feature does not exist in this game.

3. If I'd like to join up and help/get help from other ToJ players, how would I do that?

You will do that by joining our guild, and talking to us in guild chat. To join the guild, simply type /who Redeemed in your chat window, and a list of online Redeemed guild members will appear. Tell any one of them that you would like to speak to an officer, and they will point you in the right direction. Once invited by an officer, you can talk in guild chat and our wonderful members will be glad to help you out :p

Hope to see you online soon!

Last edited:
Back