How to be loving and caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb

What are you thought's on Loving people?

What do you think are way's people can be very unloving?

Caleb, I LOVE threads like this, thank you! I read this on my lunch break and have pondered it and will continue to do so!
The best picture of love is I Corinthians 13. I don't think there could be any greater way to love than this. I think that includes, when given the opportunity, telling others about Jesus. Some will till the ground, some will plant, some will water, some will harvest...but we can all have a part in winning a soul for Christ, by proclaiming His Word...it never comes back void. What better way could we love than caring for another's eternal soul?
In addition, I have always loved the quote, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." I think that is an excellent thing to remember and it carries with it the Bible Love, God's way of Loving.
It is fascinating to me that the King James Version calls Love, Charity in that chapter; when you think about it, it is a way of giving of ourselves! It is an action word, a doing word!
Putting others first is Love! When you do all those things mentioned in the Love chapter, that is exactly what you are doing.
We all love being loved and God has gifted us with so many sources! The best of all though, is unconditional Love, that is God's Love! While we love being loved, how much more so by those who know us best and love us despite our shortcomings?

As for being unloving...any time we do the opposite of those things mentioned in the Love Chapter. Our words, if they are not led of the Holy Spirit can be very unloving. They carry the power to deeply wound and can never be taken back. The Bible says the tongue is a little member...it can create great fire! As for others being unkind or unloving, God says a soft answer turneth away wrath. Sometimes when we or anyone is being unloving, it may mean we are really needing love.

I hope that somewhat answers what you are looking for. Excellent post! I think there are as many ways to love as there are to be unloving. If we truly love someone with Godly Love, we find those ways that would be unique to that individual...seeing to their needs while putting ours aside, or at least second to theirs.

I am very unloving when I am not concerned about something I know my wife is

I am very loving when my daugther is acting like alittle snipe and I do something nice for her, just because Jesus did something nice for me( Oh thats hard one)

I am very unloving when wife calls me during the day, and I act impatient or short with her.

I am very loving when My wife is talking to me and I just listen to her and dance around the dining room with her. (Her dipping skills are yet up to par)

I think learning to become more loving is and should be the goal of every christain. I have a hard time at it becasue I am a closed off person. ( REALLY) I generally do not even like people, much less LOVE THEM, YUCKY-> Peope cootties!

Obviously, people can be very unloving. (Well, take a look at hitler. X{ )

But again we can be really loving too. XD

But Caleb? I have a guy in my smallgroups named Caleb... You don't happen to be that caleb do you? I sure hope not. :)

SilentAssassin said:
Obviously, people can be very unloving. (Well, take a look at hitler. X{ )

But again we can be really loving too. XD

But Caleb? I have a guy in my smallgroups named Caleb... You don't happen to be that caleb do you? I sure hope not. :)

No, i'm not that Caleb.

SilentAssassin said:

I gotta say..I love your honesty SA. :D

I am sorry that it offended you, Litsafalda. It was not meant to be judgmental, it was said in jest. I have removed it for you.
SA knows that I tease with him at times and I feel that he knows I love him in the LORD. I would never, ever judge or mean to offend you or anyone, SA. You strive to keep the fire of Christ, that is a testimony I want to follow and I admire you for it.

Last edited:
HMMM I went back and forth if I should say something or not. Please try to be loving and caring especially in this thread. It is not our place to judge but God's. Please try to remember that ok?? Blessings,"Angel"

BTW Caleb I just try to love everyone unconditionally. There are those that are very hard to love this way but I do try.

Interesting... We just talked about about loving others in our Sunday School lesson. This week my Church is going through a Revival with Dr. Wayne Hamrick, he said you have a problem if you cannot look into someones eyes and tell them that you love them.
In Sunday School we talked about loving the ones that do wrong toward us. In other words the one that murders your children...or hurts your loved one.
We all need to love one another, and so do I. Do I do that all the time, I am sorry to say no, and I pray to God to help me in this every day.
God Bless

Manuela (RED)

I am at once the most loving and condescending person I know, especially on the web. (Call me Captain Oxymoron.)

I can give you countless examples of people who have opened their heart sincerely to me who I have agape'd to tears.

I can also give you examples of people who have opened their heart to me insincerely who I have ridiculed.

I see the homeless man on the side of the road begging... and I try to judge, is he going to use my money for food or booze?

I see the woman in my office get a sour look on her face when I talk about my wonderful marriage... and I try to judge, is she hurting or just bitter?

I see the man at my church claim he's quit smoking for the sixth time... and I try to judge, does he really mean it?

Then I see myself stumble... and I'm thankful Jesus didn't ask if I was worth it when He chose to die for me.

I find it horribly contradictory that the very standards we set for ourselves sometimes prevent us from obeying what Jesus said was the second most important commandment. In that, we are all sinners, of which, I am chief.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
I find it horribly contradictory that the very standards we set for ourselves sometimes prevent us from obeying what Jesus said was the second most important commandment. In that, we are all sinners, of which, I am chief.
Will you elaborate on that please? I am not certain what you mean.
Great post. Very straightforward. ouch!

I can try to elaborate, but to be honest I was very Spirit filled last night in my confession, so I don't know how much light I'll be able to shed today.

Basically, what I meant was that we should not and cannot hold non-believers to our own standards. It's the old "love the sinner, hate the sin" axiom. Oftentimes as believers we judge people based on our own internal standard and some prejudices that we hold. Personally, I hear about how much someone drank at the club the other night, and I am repulsed because that is the very lifestyle I was in before I was saved. What I need to be careful about is that I am repulsed by the action, not the person.

It's a fine line to walk, and it's a line that if crossed can seriously hurt a ministry.

Thank you. It is truly an excellent thread. It has made me stop and examine myself as God would see me and makes me realize further how pure, unprejudiced, and unconditional His Love is for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back