• 2-3 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-5 years

• > 5 years

• Total voters

Miscellaneous

Sorry if this post has been done before.
I am just wondering, quite obviously, how long have you cs'ers been playing. I have been playing for about 3 months now and I want to know about how long until I am the next goose or frost :p.

peace,

Brian

S.D.G.

Probably about 4 months seriously with cable. B4 that i just played at friends houses.

I have been playing since Beta 4 (January 2000?). CS has come a long way. I used to play Rainbow 6 online, and remember when I first played CS. I thought CS was ghetto...and didn't like it at all. Of course, now all I play is CS...

Oh I have no idea when it was but it was right around when 1.1 was released. I still say that 1.3 was not only the best version of CS but DOD as well. I've acctually become a pretty respectable bringer of pwnage when my connection decides to behave itself for a bit which obviously must mean that if I had braodband I would be like better then all of the CPL. ;-)

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

i think i started with beta 3 or 4, back when everyone had 56k.

Whenever a new patch came out i had to wait a few days for a friend to come over and bring me a disk, cause there was no way i could download it
tounge.gif

Been playing this game since around beta 3, I got realy big in it around beta 7 and 1.1 over time i have given cs but i always seem to come back and i have to start getting good all over again. Ive bene playing at least 3 years.

Well, I'm not really sure, I think I started playing about 4 years ago, after about 2 years of playing cs (not really online much) I kinda, just stopped. Then, after about a two year break, I got back into cs after a LAN party, then found ToJ, and have been addicted ever since, so probably around 4 years.

Ya know I think we should like file a class action lawsuit against Valve, Sierra, Vivendi, Gooseman, and anyone else we can remotely tie into Counter-Strike on the grounds that much like cigarette companys they knew their product was highly addictive and has many dangerous side-effects to the consumers health and that they knowingly with-held said information from the public. ;-)

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

i don't know exactly how long ive been playing, but i do remember playing in 2002 and thinking wow its been along time since i have played this. so ive probably been playing for atleast 3 years, maybe 4. since before i joined ToJ i hadn't played since april of 2002.

I started in late fall of 99 so you do the math. I can't remember which beta it was, but I remember that being on a lan my friend and I schooled everyone, but now yeah, the old boys are put out. We do need to being back maps like escape, that was great.

I cant remember exactly but ita around 9-10 months. I remember being called rizz|n00b and then mercury promoted me to toj...lol.

Wow ive done a lot since then...

I think I've been playing since April 2001, which is practically 2 years. Or was is April 2000, or well, whatever, I think right before 1.1 was released. I have to agree with amusedtoe, 1.3 was the best version to date ... I mean, you could jump out of the hallway going to bombsite B as T on dust2, and have a dealge and headshot CT's while in air!! None of this adjusting crosshair stuff. I told my friend who is kinda interested in CS, that alot of the basic skills (aiming, reaction time, etc.) is natural. Of course you can get better at the game from sheer knowledge of the maps, positions, sounds, etc., but your natural skill doens't increase too much. When I first started playing, I wasn't that great b/c I didn't know the maps very well, I just ran around with my mp5 or sig shooting at other guys ... and I did decent, usually kept a 1:1 ratio. But then as my knowledge of the maps, hiding spots, learned to listen for certain sounds, etc. increased, so did my kills
biggrin.gif

ya if found listening is vey key.

its been difficult for me lately, cause with either my new headphones or my lack or a sound card, i cant hear the direction of footsteps lately
sad.gif

Oh yes sound's your friend indeed. *hugs Audigy and 5.1 speaker setup* Unless of course something gets changed without your knowing to 2 speakers so u lose all accuracy of placement in sounds and they shoot you in the back cause it sounded like they were coming around the other way. *kicks Audigy and 5.1 speaker setup breaking his foot on the sub*

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

way back when, the terrorists looked just like the counter-terrorists!!! couldnt tell the difference!!
tounge.gif

was that beta 1? lol.. have to admit it was no fun at all especially that there was no knife till like beta3.... boo that was back when I went by the name of beefhole, I wasn't creative enough to make a name...

I think I've been playing a little too long

Back