How fast is your internet?

Hmmm, Heres mine:

I ran a test to see what the speed is from near Seattle to Moscow.

I also found this somewhat funny in my city:

comcastftwyq9.png
Yep, you know how much we pay for that crap?! $44.99a month!!!! the whole company is a scam.

I pay $44.99/month also (Insight), and I am at least 5 times faster than you...but around where I live, everyone HATES Comcast...and they charge $60/month here with there basic 6Mbps service...

ace: how old is your house, do u live in a neighborhood, were u testing at peak times?

No, Cable, but DSL overall is better due to Cable's "neighborhood" service...

Yeah, i have heard about that you have to share your cable with the neighborhood. but i really don't think that will be a problem since our whole neighborhood is a bunch of old Grumpy people who play with parrots and horses and hate modern anything.

Yeah, I currently live (getting ready to move) in a quite neighborhood so my cable is really really fast...but I am not sure about the speed where I am moving to...

Yeah, i have heard about that you have to share your cable with the neighborhood.

Yeah, your cable is shared with everyone connected to that same line you are...which if everyone in your areas has cable, and they are all downloading movies, you will have close to dial-up speeds...

Yeah, I currently live (getting ready to move) in a quite neighborhood so my cable is really really fast...but I am not sure about the speed where I am moving to...

Yeah, your cable is shared with everyone connected to that same line you are...which if everyone in your areas has cable, and they are all downloading movies, you will have close to dial-up speeds...

I feel safe then, i only know of two houses on my block who has cox cable.

It is not everyone in the service on the line. Cox seems to segregate my area either by street or major subdivision streets where it is switched over to fiber. The actual bandwidth of cable lines is something like 35mb and 60+ for the new specs so chances are you wont get maxed out unless the company has it set up stupid.

It is not everyone in the service on the line. Cox seems to segregate my area either by street or major subdivision streets where it is switched over to fiber. The actual bandwidth of cable lines is something like 35mb and 60+ for the new specs so chances are you wont get maxed out unless the company has it set up stupid.

Even better news for me:D thanks.

Back