How do you counter necros?

Jawsofwar

Hey everyone! I am wondering what you all do to counter necros. In RA they will suck the life out of me very quickly before I can heal myself.

Since Necros are a caster mesmers can mess them up pretty well, a monk could out heal a necro sometimes but then you get no dmg.

Necros dont have that great of armor so a warrior could get in their and take them out.

hmm... might want to be a monk secondary for self heals, and then use degen/interrupts to kill necro

just carrying a mesm 2ndary solves the proplem i believe

Well With a Ranger if you can daze them they are done. You can also do a Bunny thumper build where you keep them knocked down.

necros can also be quickly spiked before they have a chance to cast too many spells. This won't work if they use something like ss tho. The you need something to remove it or else just wait. Mesmers or another necro can also counter them quite nicely. For that matter, in one way or another mesmers and necros can counter just about any build.

Thanks for the suggestions. I completely forgot about the backfire spell :)

I've found Backfire to be one of the most useful shutdown tools in the game. If you're a Ranger and can get a Mesmer secondary, I'd say work either a Backfire approach (maybe with Wastrels Worry) OR use interrupts. A necro can correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the huge, powerful necro spells I've come across are 2 or 3 second cast times, which are EASY for Mesmer interrupt spells or even bow interrupts! You might try interrupt preparations like Choking Gas or Incendiary Arrows. That's all I've got...

-Chadley

Savage shot, and distraction shot are very good interrupts, you could use the arrow attack that does dazed and interrupts (cant remember the name of it).

Think you are referring to concussion shot? The only bad thing about that skill is that it requires 25 energy which is alot for a ranger.

Ya i forgot to mention that part. expertise reduces that but its still a whole lot, savage shot and distracting shot would probably be your best bet for interrupts.

One of the best ways for rangers to kill necros is to use Broad Headed Arrow and apply poison, then just stick in Diablating Shot to get rid of their energy and you have one unhappy (and most likely dead) necro.

The big thing necros have against them is that they have lot's of spells that take a while to cast. So you can easily disrupt them.

OR! you can hack into their comp mess with their internal hard drive and rig it to explode as soon as the match starts! thats gaurenteed to work ;)

Back