How do u not feel lonely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
its kinda a spin off from a prayer topic but i figured it would be useful. lately ive just been really lonely and ive gotten irratated really really easily. ive snapped at my dad the most cuz he annoys me the most because he just has alot of things he forgets and yeah i could go on for a while. pretty much any reason to not like someone i use, and then everyone else im fine with. i did have some trouble with starr too and i know what im doing isnt right, but then when i get by myself i just feel so empty and lonely and sleep all day long since im on spring break...... so yeah.

I have experienced that feeling you speak of. I think that it is because we are no longer of this world and we are longing to go to our heavenly home deep within our hearts. Homesick for a place we've never been, so to speak. You can be in a mall full of people and feel alone, like a visitor in a foreign land.

I know wut u say atown I spend alot of time driving alone and yeh it does seem like I need someone to talk to so I do alot of prayers for ppl that i see here that request and those that don't even know that they r n need of prayer. My point is God gives you the time to connect whether u choose to or not. He gives u that time to use as u see fit. Take heart that Jesus is your pilot and knows where u go. I doubt I could ever impress him with my dedication but I do put forth the effort.(at times maybe not my finest) Life may seem slow as molasses at times but it does go forward just as a river that heads to the ocean relating to our commitment to God. Sometimes slow and sometimes with rapids but none the less the same destination. Be at peace with this time your givin and use it for him and not towards oneself for if the focus is about u where is HE!

And beware the IMS aka irritable man syndrome hahahaha our version of pms hehehe tru stuff was on the radio.

And beware the IMS aka irritable man syndrome hahahaha our version of pms hehehe tru stuff was on the radio.

haha, i made a joke similar to that with starr, was pretty funny

I just posted this following response on the Prayer Requests forum yesterday in response to someone who had asked a question similar to yours. I think my response may be relevant to you aswell, so I'll post it here too.

I know exactly how you feel, because there have been times in my life when I have had few or no friends on this earth. Just remember that God is always there for you, and will never fail you.

Sometimes I think that when I feel lonely, God is simply trying to purify my faith. When I have all sorts of friends, I rely on them for comfort and happyness. However, in times when I feel lonely, I am forced to come to Christ, and Christ alone, for help.

Anyways, we Christians must never abandon one of our brothers or sisters, so I will be there for as much as I can. I don't know you personally, but I will be praying for you.

Another good idea is to read the Bible. If you search, you can probably find some sort of guide that tells you what Psalms are good to read when going through certain hard times, such as times of lonliness. You could find such a guide online, or maybe even in the cover of your Bible.

Here are some good verses:

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord"(Romans 8:38-39).

"Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me"(Psalm 23:4).

"'Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,'
says the LORD, who has compassion on you"(Isaiah 54:10).

"So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good"(1 Peter 4:19

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"(Isaiah 41:10).

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
you will again bring me up.

You will increase my honor
and comfort me once again"(Psalm 71:20-21).

Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me"(Pslam 27:10)

"I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.

Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD"(Pslam 27:13-14).

Also read Psalm 121, Psalm 27, and Psalm 25.

Anyways, keep us all updated and I will keep praying for you. GOD bless you!

Was on According to Jim.

Anyway, good fellowship at a youth group or church or something or an especially engaging conversation with good friends usually helps me, but I'm hardly ever "lonely", so to speak, and I'm not your average person so I'll be praying for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back