How did you hear about Tribe of Judah?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I'm looking toward putting together a new recruiting drive for Tribe of Judah soon, so I'd like to hear from as many members as are willing to share:

How did you hear about Tribe of Judah?

I'm the only one exempt from the exercise, seeing as, well, I founded ToJ about 11 years ago. :D

By joining The Holy Angels, a Guild Wars guild that was then in an alliance with SoE, ToJ's Guild Wars chapter.

Stumbled upon CC Gamer server in TF2 (always on the search for a "clean" server with a good ping). Visited their forums a number of times, but failed to bookmark the site. Mistyped my search once and ended up here. Seeing how they don't run a L4D2 server (my current game of choice) it made more sense to hang around with you guys. Either way, I'm never opposed to finding more believers to hang around with in the gaming world.

I was in clans that were "allies" to ToJ.

As they died, I moved to the next clan.

Knights of Honor (KoH) > Faithful Knights of Christ (FKoC) > Christian Gamers (CG) > Tribe of Judah (ToJ)

Last edited:
A friend of mine, who was a member of ToJ, told me about CCGR, whence I happened across CGA and from there I ended up taking an interest in and joining ToJ. I don't really remember what chapter I really got involved with first though.

An IRL friend (Colbi) drug me to a lan party at his house to play DAoC back in late 2002.

I've been around ever since!

I first heard about it from a number of RL friends who are/were members, but I didn't actually join until a couple years after that when I was first playing WoW. I joined TOJ in order to become a member of Redeemed.

Tek held a gun to my head and told me to join or see if he had bullets left, from the other victims, in his gun or not.*

*Disclaimer: The above may or may not have been exaggerated to make the story appear more interesting.

Tek held a gun to my head and told me to join or see if he had bullets left, from the other victims, in his gun or not.*

*Disclaimer: The above may or may not have been exaggerated to make the story appear more interesting.
If there is exaggeration, it's probably slight. I remember badgering Elihu about joining Tribe of Judah in its early days.

I was planning ahead, though. I knew I'd need a Staff Manager in 10 years.

About 3 years, maybe 4, back when I first got Guild Wars, the first day I played it I saw someone recruiting for a Christian Guild. I didn't join then, and I don't know who it was, it could have been someone from SoE or another guild. But a few months later I did a search and posted on a comment-like place. I thought it was dead, but I posted anyways with my in-game name and a couple weeks later I get a PM from some random person who sent me to the SoE site and gave me the info to join. A week later I was a member of ToJ and SoE.

I have no clue how I found it. Maybe a google search? I don't know. I was big into looking at different guilds when I played WoW.

Maybe it was because of CCGR.org?

Or um... I don't really recall. xD

Interestingly, a friend who is agnostic but leans towards God's existence was doing guild searches and stumbled upon the Knights of the Trinity christian DAoC guild on some web site. He had no interest in joining but he relayed the info to me!

Wow, some very interesting answers so far. It's given me a few ideas for how to help recruit new members. Thank you to everyone who's answered so far.

Let's keep the answers coming!

Back