How about a Necro thread?

Waynos

Ok i am having issues with slow leveling and survivability (meaning i get killed rather easy and leveling is very slow and painstaking))
i am LV23 in the 15-25 zone.

Here are my stats/specs
Lv23 necromancer

Weapon Sets and Skills;
Set 1 - Axe (main) skills - Rending Claws,Ghastly Claws,Unholy Feast
Dagger (offhand) skills - Deathly Swarm,Enfeebling Blood

Set 2 - Staff (Two-Handed) Necrotic Grasp,Mark Of Blood,Chillblains,Putrid Mark,Reapers Mark

Healing - Well Of blood
Unlocked Skills - Summon Blood Fiend

Utility - Summon Bone Fiend,Summon Bone Minions,Summon Shadow fiend
Unlocked Skills - Corrosive Poison Cloud,Epidemic,Call Owl,Well of corruption,Well of Power,
Spectral Grasp,Call Wurm,Summon Flesh Wurm

Elite - (Locked till lv30)

Skill Points (5 unspent Points)
Trait Points - Death Magic 7,Soul Reaping 6

Attributes;
Power 39/159
Precision 36/150
Toughness 54/224
Vitality 39/162

Attack 194/399
Critical Chance 4%/5%
Armor 130/365
Health 502/2,432

Underwater Weapon - Aqua Breather,Healing Shiverpeak Spear (but rarely used)

Those are my specs/stats,
any tips/suggestions or advice?
all input is appreciated,
GOD bless,
Waynos

Necro's are about the most survivable class in the game... even with all the bugs.

Suggestions, don't use axe/dagger... not for PvE... use scepter/warhorn or focus. Use mostly staff for low levels. Set marks hit long range, when they get closer switch to more dps weapon/skills.

minions are broken right now... I'd suggest against using them (exception flesh golem). Use the signet that gives you power/deals a ton of conditions, and get the signet that gives you 10% speed.

I have never put anything into soul reaping (well, I put 5 in there when I was maxed with other stuff) I like spite or curse. Death as well. Death to 10 for the mark buffs. When I'm around the game I'll post my build for you.

Necro's aren't the highest DPS. They never will be. They're a pretty broken class right now, but I love my necro so I'll continue to play him.

Another thing. Take full advantage of death shroud... Enter it whenever it's full, use the 4(aoe), maybe the 2 and if you need the 3 (lol I don't know the names, just the keys :p) then jump back out, fight some more, fill it back up, rinse & repeat.

OH yeah... Sorry I forgot. I post from work and forget when I get home haha. I'll post it tonight when I'm home. Thanks for the reminder.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simu....317.322.326.332.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.20.30.10.0.0 - that is more or less what I'm using right now. The sigils I haven't really decided on yet so those are just the ones I'm using. This seems to be a pvp build site so there is some that is off. Mostly I go for cond damage + toughness in gear.

I know there are better builds, but I do what I like doing. I will try and update more info once I have time, as for now I gtg.

Back