Hot game candidates..

rizz

With the wii information page slowly gathering info, i thought a little foresight might be in order. Since i have done it in basic HTML, it would be a complete pain to add a new game (done in tables). So my question is twofold.

Can anyone whip this into a simple database format (where myself and bassman can login and add/change info.. or even have each memebr login and sort his own info as part of the toj main site)

What major games are due for release before christmas? I mean the ones /everyone/ will buy..

I'm way ahead of you on this one rizz. I wrote a database version of the table. All users can submit info to be added which is then added to a moderation queue that has to be approved by me. I also made it pretty easy to add new games.

If you want to check out what I have (it is still very primitive, but works), I'm hosting it at http://joysofcode.com/tojwii

Feel free to add your info and I'll see about making look a little more professional.

Thats sweet. I will forward you the full code for mine so you can integrate it when i get home tonight.

Also a good feature would be to allow editing of existing data (of course personal security might be a problem..moderation is good.. its all a bit beyond me)

If you need to edit the data you can just submit replacement data. It is setup so that each name can only be in the table once so if you try to add an existing name it merges the data.

The Mii feature is currently a manual process. I added it to the list for future use but the only way for me to currently add them is to put them in the directory and change the database manually. I've been at a loss on how to efficiently upload Mii's.

Back