Homosexuality.

Topeka

It's been a while from what I can see since a discussion about it on here.
I've been interested in what Christians think about homosexuality and related fields. I am not a christian at the moment, but I was born into the church and I'm coming back around to it. What makes you see being gay as a sin, what verses support this, and anything else about it I suppose.

I would appreciate if the answers would be concise, hopefully less than 2 paragraphs. I'll try to remember to check again tomorrow, but you can send me a message on discord @TopGekaMer if I don't respond.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

1. I'm going to be honest with you guys. I NEVER hated people who are Gay, bisexual, or any of that. I simply don't like how the LGBTQ+ community handles some Christians and some of the truth of its faith where they accuse Christians or people of being homophobes, Transphoboes, or whatever when they see like how Homosexuality contradicts a lot of things the Good Book says.

2. While I do believe Homosexuality contradicts Christian principles and that they shouldn't be pushing it onto Kids who don't know what it is, I don't see homosexual people such as Gay, Bisexual, etc as terrible, evil, threatening, or bad people by default. They simply need to be treated without cruelty. If they don't want to listen to the truth about God or the Gospel, that's their choice and I can't stop them. I would be reasonable and agree to disagree like an adult. However, if there are homosexuals who don't believe in agreeing to disagree, don't wanna be reasonable, and just live by radical beliefs who don't give a heck were to aggressively harass, hurt, threaten, or harm someone who simply disagrees with them on their merit about LGBTQ+ rights, that's where we get into a problem that needs to be handled without revenge. Some are begging for vengeance as a way to intimidate people and get attention. Also, I've seen other Gay people who do not identify as LGBT and have distaste for Pride Parades and how they affect children and they know how to be civil and speak their mind. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though forcing it on others or hurting people won't make a good point about it. Of course, I oppose how the Trans community goes after the de-transitioners who rightfully leave the Trans community on their merit. Whatever the Trans community says about the De-transitioners being "betrayers" or "threats" when they do not cause they chose to leave the Trans community and try to go back to their old selves, they're wrong and so are the Woke Mob.

3. There are people who agree to disagree rightfully and respectfully and who rather live their lives in peace without a problem keeping their Homosexuality problem to themselves, and there are people who don't care about your disagreements and wanna slander you, see you as the bad guy and someone who deserves to be threatened. That's where persecution comes in by people who hate the Lord so much that they'll do anything they can to shut anyone up who disagrees with their LGBT views and censor the Gospel seeing it as stupid hate speech when that's just an excuse to silence those who believe in it and wanna share it with others.
Lord knows what could happen but it's what Jesus said in John 15:18 "If the World hates you, remember that it hated me first"

Conclusion: Again, while Homosexuality contradicts Christian teachings, values, and beliefs, nobody deserves to be ridiculed aggressively by anybody like them who acts aggressively or others who live with Extremist beliefs. We are to hate the sin, not the sinner, but we shouldn't enable sexual relations or sexual immorality either. God created both Men and Women to be together and make a family. I do believe that Marriage is between a man and woman, nothing more and while some disagree, that's their belief and opinion. While there are LGBT people who are respectful of what you believe, there are also LGBT people who don't agree to disagree that'll make your life a living nightmare with no regrets and will put all their pride into the accusations, insults, and anything that'll be enough for them to destroy you. So don't let your guard down or give up. All of this is a way for god to test our spiritual strength and faith in him. It is still important to remain loyal and faithful to the lord until the end. I'm not a missionary and I don't know people's hearts, we are forbidden to judge under any circumstances, we are to respect God, obey him, and leave the judgment to him alone.

Amen

1. I'm going to be honest with you guys. I NEVER hated people who are Gay, bisexual, or any of that. I simply don't like how the LGBTQ+ community handles some Christians and some of the truth of its faith where they accuse Christians or people of being homophobes, Transphoboes, or whatever when they see like how Homosexuality contradicts a lot of things the Good Book says.

2. While I do believe Homosexuality contradicts Christian principles and that they shouldn't be pushing it onto Kids who don't know what it is, I don't see homosexual people such as Gay, Bisexual, etc as terrible, evil, threatening, or bad people by default. They simply need to be treated without cruelty. If they don't want to listen to the truth about God or the Gospel, that's their choice and I can't stop them. I would be reasonable and agree to disagree like an adult. However, if there are homosexuals who don't believe in agreeing to disagree, don't wanna be reasonable, and just live by radical beliefs who don't give a heck were to aggressively harass, hurt, threaten, or harm someone who simply disagrees with them on their merit about LGBTQ+ rights, that's where we get into a problem that needs to be handled without revenge. Some are begging for vengeance as a way to intimidate people and get attention. Also, I've seen other Gay people who do not identify as LGBT and have distaste for Pride Parades and how they affect children and they know how to be civil and speak their mind. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though forcing it on others or hurting people won't make a good point about it. Of course, I oppose how the Trans community goes after the de-transitioners who rightfully leave the Trans community on their merit. Whatever the Trans community says about the De-transitioners being "betrayers" or "threats" when they do not cause they chose to leave the Trans community and try to go back to their old selves, they're wrong and so are the Woke Mob.

3. There are people who agree to disagree rightfully and respectfully and who rather live their lives in peace without a problem keeping their Homosexuality problem to themselves, and there are people who don't care about your disagreements and wanna slander you, see you as the bad guy and someone who deserves to be threatened. That's where persecution comes in by people who hate the Lord so much that they'll do anything they can to shut anyone up who disagrees with their LGBT views and censor the Gospel seeing it as stupid hate speech when that's just an excuse to silence those who believe in it and wanna share it with others.
Lord knows what could happen but it's what Jesus said in John 15:18 "If the World hates you, remember that it hated me first"

Conclusion: Again, while Homosexuality contradicts Christian teachings, values, and beliefs, nobody deserves to be ridiculed aggressively by anybody like them who acts aggressively or others who live with Extremist beliefs. We are to hate the sin, not the sinner, but we shouldn't enable sexual relations or sexual immorality either. God created both Men and Women to be together and make a family. I do believe that Marriage is between a man and woman, nothing more and while some disagree, that's their belief and opinion. While there are LGBT people who are respectful of what you believe, there are also LGBT people who don't agree to disagree that'll make your life a living nightmare with no regrets and will put all their pride into the accusations, insults, and anything that'll be enough for them to destroy you. So don't let your guard down or give up. All of this is a way for god to test our spiritual strength and faith in him. It is still important to remain loyal and faithful to the lord until the end. I'm not a missionary and I don't know people's hearts, we are forbidden to judge under any circumstances, we are to respect God, obey him, and leave the judgment to him alone.

Amen
I made a couple typos on this.

god doesn't hate the sinner..but the sin..as far as to how homosexuality is addressed the new testament says the following...pretty plainly

1 Corinthians 6:9–10​

9Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites,10thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:9–10​

9This means understanding that the law is laid down not for the innocent but for the lawless and disobedient, for the godless and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their father or mother, for murderers,10fornicators, sodomites, slave traders, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching

unrepentant homosexuality..just like any other continuing act of sin, leads to one place...hell. There is no such thing as a gay christian...the two are totally incompatible with Gods teachings.

god doesn't hate the sinner..but the sin..as far as to how homosexuality is addressed the new testament says the following...pretty plainly

1 Corinthians 6:9–10​

9Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites,10thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:9–10​

9This means understanding that the law is laid down not for the innocent but for the lawless and disobedient, for the godless and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their father or mother, for murderers,10fornicators, sodomites, slave traders, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching

unrepentant homosexuality..just like any other continuing act of sin, leads to one place...hell. There is no such thing as a gay christian...the two are totally incompatible with Gods teachings.
That was something I learned once before. We indeed are to hate the sin, not the sinner but some will see what we're trying to explain as an excuse which I don't like to deal with. In contrast, it is true also that we should not use our religion as an excuse. Yes, certain things go against our faith but when that happens, we are to explain understandably and if they don't understand or wanna listen to it and accuse us, we are to disagree with them respectfully and let them solve it on their own. However, if they refuse to agree to disagree peacefully with you, that's because they're arrogant and full of Pride or they just don't care. Some Gay people do care and rather their lives as I said before. Also, yeah. There is no such thing as a Gay Christians cause that would defeat the concept of a Christian.

Back