Holy Pally Spec for 3.2?

Kevin

With the illumination nerf, I was wondering about a few things, and maybe that 5% crit from ret could be better spent in the prot tree.

It looks like it's trading 8% chance to crit for 11% healing in-group, 5% healing out of group, and you get sacred shield and divine sacrifice. I was just wondering what other people thought about the spec. *looks at Mike*

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxA0gM0sVu0tgdxGzmbh:fwdczV

EDIT: Thought I'd throw this in for consideration, too.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxA0gM0sVu0tgdxZVsox:fwdczV

Last edited:
Kevin,
I haven't started crunching the numbers yet. Your aura is raid wide so it would give you a 11% bonus raid wide for heals, vice 8% crit. The cast time nerf to exorcism may be another reason to spec into prot vice ret tree. It is no longer going to be instant, one less spell to benefit from Benediction. (if I have a gcd available and the mana I'll toss one) You'll pay 10% more mana to cast Holy Shock and your proc'd instant FoL. The question starts to become if that extra mana cost is worth 11% bigger heals, given that your now only 30% mana cost savings on crits happens 8% less.

I personnally don't like how they are discussing Illumination as mana regen, in my mind it is a rebate after you cast a spell and get a crit. If you don't or can't cast, and if it doesn't crit well then no mana for you. I'll try to run some parses of raid heals and try to pay attention to where I am mana wise OOM I think will be the driver in the future. Supposedly they are going to buff the mp5, but I don't think enough to even out the nerf....

Not much help yet I know, but I'll start thinking about it more since someone else is interested.

Yeah, I was also looking at the possibility of using the seal of wisdom glyph instead of light, and using the prot instead of ret tree talents to make up some of the difference...although I started to consider holy healing once I heard that beacon would work with overheal...stand near the ranged DPS and spam HL on yourself...raid healing and tank healing all in one ftw!

Also, does that mean that the prot talent would give you 10% bonus to heals on yourself...5% bonus to outgoing heals and incoming heals both apply if you're healing yourself? If so, and it gets beaconed onto the tank and splashed on those around you...

Last edited:
Back