HLTV for CAL matches

Goose62

I think it will be best for the team if HLTV was present for each CAL match. I recorded the first one and I made alittle readme on how to get HLTV going on your computer. If anyone is interested on how to do this, simply download this ZIP file and read the readme. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

http://goose62.hopto.org/files/hltv.zip

Goose62 said:
simply download this ZIP file and read the readme.
Goose: Would you mind posting the readme on this thread? Anything related to HLTV tends to spark my interest.

Last edited:
Not at all:

To set HLTV up to be able to connect to a server, first place the "tojhltv.cfg" file in this directory:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[your@email.com]\dedicated server

If you do not have this directory, you'll have to download the game through the "Play games" option in Steam, after you get done downloading and installing (Steam does everything for you), then you should have that directory.

After you have the "tojhltv.cfg" file in that directory, follow the instructions below:

-Right click on the "tojhltv.exe" shortcut (which you can place on your desktop) and click on properties
-On the "Shortcut" tab at the top and then in the "Target" text box, make sure the "connect" IP address is the same address that the match is being played on, also, make sure the "serverpassword" is the same password that the players are using when connecting to the server to play the match

Once you have checked these settings, merely double-clicking the "tojhltv.exe" shortcut will start up HLTV and automatically connect to that server. To record a HLTV demo, simply type in the HLTV window "record [mapname]", ex: record dust2. Then to stop recording, type "stoprecording". Please keep in mind that this has a 180 second delay, so in order to get the last few rounds recorded on the demo, you have to keep the HLTV on the server for an extra 3 minutes AFTER the match has ended.

okay I am all set up and ready so whenever A-team needs someone to record an HLTV demo just hook me up on aim etc Dead_aim and Selym kno me so yea :) and also whoever is recording can they post the ip so others can watch k? thnx

This always will be a record only HLTV, afterwards, we'll post the link to download the demo (just like watching live, but not).

okay that's okay lol but yea I'm available to record tho an I'm on the vent to lol so just hit me up if ya'll need someone to do so

Back