HL2 goes gold!!!

hehe. this is something that i've been watching with a huge amount of anticipation so i was on this as soon as i even got the smallest hint.

on a side note, does the news of vivendi releasing HL2 compare to our Lord? i started thinking about how excited i got when i saw this news and then i thought "do i get that excited when it comes to Jesus and what he wants to do with my life (or His return for that matter)?". sadly the answer was no.
sad.gif

sry, i dont mean to get all philosophical but i just thought that i would put this news in perspective for christians.

Cool, but Im kinda angry I have a finished version on my computer but can't play it till the 16th...

November is going to be a good month for gaming..
Half Life 2
World of Warcraft (maybe)
EverQuest II
Need for Speed Underground 2
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Baiten Kaitos: Eternal Wings
Viewtiful Joe 2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Halo 2

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exo-Slayer @ Oct. 18 2004,1:55)]November is going to be a good month for gaming..
Half Life 2
World of Warcraft (maybe)
EverQuest II
Need for Speed Underground 2
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Baiten Kaitos: Eternal Wings
Viewtiful Joe 2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Halo 2
I hope you're not buying all of those. Yeesh!

prince of persia is supposed to come out november i think the first was the best ps2 game i ever played cant wait for teh second

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exo-Slayer @ Oct. 18 2004,2:55)]World of Warcraft (maybe)
Blizzard is almost worse than Valve when it comes to delays. Although WoW is looking pretty done, you never know.
rock.gif

They may take a long time but they almost always make amazing games so if it gets delayed or takes forever it's usually for a good reason.

The delay on HL2 is not Valve's fault, it's Vivendi's. Valve was suing Sierra, and Sierra is owned by Vivendi, and Vivendi is the publisher of HL2. Vivendi basically said, "We won't publish until you stop suing Sierra", but Valve is right for suing them. I believe there is a time limit on Vivendi though, so they are forced to publish it soon anyway.

Acctually Sierra Studios was closed by Vivendi earlier this year and Valve had taken the case up with Vivendi. Also not every delay was the fault of Vivendi, there orignal release date of Septermber 30th 2003 they have said was missed because "We didn't realize how far behind we were."

Either way the game should be a lot of fun.

Back