HL1 anthology $1

Yeah, that is a good deal for an old game.

Though, mine is HL: Platinum. Why would they change it to Anthology? Anyone?

Meh.

I have no idea why people enjoy going back and playing outdated games. Sorry, but I personlly started from the beginning and lived through Pong, Atari, etc. I have NO will to go back and play games that I played in the olden days. Looking back on old games with fondness is one thing, actually going back and playing through Zork again is totally different.

the thing about cs 1.6 is, its still very well played and has a very strong following

Meh.

I have no idea why people enjoy going back and playing outdated games. Sorry, but I personlly started from the beginning and lived through Pong, Atari, etc. I have NO will to go back and play games that I played in the olden days. Looking back on old games with fondness is one thing, actually going back and playing through Zork again is totally different.

Wow, Pong. I wasn't at that time, but I have played it on my grandpa's old system. ;)

Starcraft is old, I enjoy it very much and STILL playing the game.

Street Fighter is also old and enjoyable, my favorite fighting game.

And I've never played and heard that game, Zork. The oldest PC game I've played, was a really fun driving game called, Stunts.

Though, I have played Nibbles and Gorilla when I was in High School.

I cant believe you brought that name up. Talk about OLD!

PFFT!

Gather round younguns, and I'll tell you a story...a story of my favorite role playing game on my Vic-20. It was so long ago, I can't even remember the name, but what I DO remember is this...it ran off a new fangled thing called a tape drive. It actually used something called cassette tapes. You whippersnappers may want to google that. It took so long to load that I would start it up (typing: load, "*") go eat dinner, then come back and BAM, it would be just about done and ready to play in all its 8 bit goodness.

Ah, the good old days.

Speaking of pong, not only did we have the run of the mill ole pong, we had the best attachment EVER. It was a thin, tri-colored band of plastic film that you stuck onto your television screen. VOILA! Pong in color!

They've already changed the price. It's now up to $7.90.

What is wrong with playing old games? If it is fun with good gameplay, then who cares how old a game is?

Half-Life is a classic. It was an important step in the 1st person genre and the immersive nature of gameplaying. I still have HL and OF on my computer just in case I may want to play a level.

Going back to Pong, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, are a great way to see where we have come from. Look at Breakout. Probably the most copied/cloned game out there. People are still making clones even to this day. It is still one of my favorites.

The problem with Zork is it does not have replay value. If you still remember the answers to the puzzles, then it won't be the same. But if someone is looking for an intro into the text-adventure craze, it may still prove a fun game.

I, too, lived through it from the beginning. I would play pong even today. Atari...well, that's probably better left as a memory. Although I'd still play Tank.

Back