High Points in Redeemed Raiding

Gilga

This sort of came up in guild chat the other night, and I thought it'd make a fun memory/nostalgia thread. Concept is: by Xpac, what has Redeemed's greatest accomplishment in raiding been?

Recent patch strategy has made this a little weird ... killing an "lower level" boss "earlier" in an xpac might technically be harder than killing a "higher level" boss later in an xpac after the raid has been nerfed. But that's what makes this thread fun!

So, with that, my submission:

Vanilla (as Team Eternity): Downing Vael (although emotionally I want to say downing Rag, and in terms of cumulative effort getting Sazul the Thunderfury are up there ... didn't do much, if anything, in Naxx or AQ40 as I recall).
BC: Downing Magtherion (I *think* beats anything we did in SSC or TK ... and didn't really do much in BT I don't think)
LK: Downing LK (I'll admit, I am pretty clueless about LK raiding so don't know if this was a very nerfed LK encouter such that some other kills were actually 'better')

Discuss!

Last edited:
Our first Putricide kill felt like a big one. I feel it was definitely a turning point in our raiding for that expansion.

I think downing Rag was a bit of a let down after Major Domo. He took most guilds three to six weeks to down. This was due to mechanics and need for gear for so many classes.

I think downing Rag was a bit of a let down after Major Domo. He took most guilds three to six weeks to down. This was due to mechanics and need for gear for so many classes.

No doubt, Majordomo was the main raiding barrier during Vanilla and getting through that was big. But it's such a letdown of a fight ... I mean, you don't even kill the guy, he just runs off and you're left with a loot box. The Rag downing still felt better, somehow ... and then Vael, being a more technical fight in a harder instance goes on top of that in terms of raw "achievement" I would say.

It's still kinda mind-boggling that
a) we managed to get 40ish people to show up on a regular basis.
b) we managed to ever get 40 people's actions coordinated on technical fights

No doubt, Majordomo was the main raiding barrier during Vanilla and getting through that was big. But it's such a letdown of a fight ... I mean, you don't even kill the guy, he just runs off and you're left with a loot box. The Rag downing still felt better, somehow ... and then Vael, being a more technical fight in a harder instance goes on top of that in terms of raw "achievement" I would say.

It's still kinda mind-boggling that
a) we managed to get 40ish people to show up on a regular basis.
b) we managed to ever get 40 people's actions coordinated on technical fights

I never thought we could have done it. But, we did.

I am so glad for 10 man raids.

Would have been fun to be raiding with you guys back then - sadly, I didn't start playing until BC, and though I did do some raiding with you guys, I was incredibly noob.

I believe the Tempest Keep, "I didn't see the only thing in the room, a giant 100ft tall robot, that's why I tried to hug him." is my most memorable moment. It made me giggle.

I believe the Tempest Keep, "I didn't see the only thing in the room, a giant 100ft tall robot, that's why I tried to hug him." is my most memorable moment. It made me giggle.

this

Ahh Brug... that was EPIC!!!

Downing Magtherion was awesome! what was it... like our 10th attemt that night and we said "Ok, this is the last one for the night... make it count!" and we did... I use to get so stress out... AHHHH, get on the platform! HEAL EVERYONE!!! CAVE IN!!!

With 10 man raiding brought easy of forming raids and pugablity.

What about Hyjal, granted we only droppped the first boss, but those waves where brutal unless you were a Pally or Lock.

For BC I think it most certainly was our downing of Magtheridon, especially getting 5 people to click the boxes correctly without getting bounced around everywhere.

For Wrath there are alot of them but the ones that stand out for me are the killing of LK and of heroic toc Anub'arak. Anub'arak because the fight was crazy like all heck with the limits placed upon you. LK because that fight is random epicness along with Lisarayne (I think it was Lisa) being the person who constantly got put into the Frostmourne room during our kill.

For Wrath there are alot of them but the ones that stand out for me are the killing of LK and of heroic toc Anub'arak. Anub'arak because the fight was crazy like all heck with the limits placed upon you. LK because that fight is random epicness along with Lisarayne (I think it was Lisa) being the person who constantly got put into the Frostmourne room during our kill.

It was Lisarayne. And much like Mag, it was a "Last Attempt" kill, after 3 hours. But what made ToGC epic is still Ashley's homemade screenshot.

It was Lisarayne. And much like Mag, it was a "Last Attempt" kill, after 3 hours. But what made ToGC epic is still Ashley's homemade screenshot.

finalscreenshot1.jpg

Back