Help with The Great Gift Pile achievements

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
If you're looking for help with any of Steam's Great Gift Pile multiplayer achievements, post 'em here. (Use Google or the Steam Users' Forums to find hints or clues for single-player achievements.)

Aaand here's my list:

Killing Floor
A Bloody Christmas Carol - Kill 15 XMas Clots, 5 xmas Stalkers, 5 XMas Crawlers, 1 XMas Siren and 1 XMas Bloat.

Spiral Knights
Son of a Nutcracker! - Hit an opponent with a snowball in Lockdown.

I may skip the next two if I run short on time:

Rise of Immortals
Supporter - Get 10 assists in a match.

CrimeCraft GangWars
Snow Ballin' - Earn a total of 200 points from Snow Brawl matches. This match type can be found under the events tab in the battles menu starting from level 8

Killing Floor
A Bloody Christmas Carol - Kill 15 XMas Clots, 5 xmas Stalkers, 5 XMas Crawlers, 1 XMas Siren and 1 XMas Bloat.

That is not hard to achieve as you can play it on any map with the Xmas theme.

I easily got all 5 KF Xmas achievements in 31 mins.

That is not hard to achieve as you can play it on any map with the Xmas theme.
True, but playing Killing Floor with others sounds much more fun than playing solo. :)

I'll be looking to earn the Dungeon Defenders Jingled All the Way achievement: "Delivered all the presents, and saved Santa Tavernkeep from the vile clutches of Mega-Snowman!" The achievement isn't yet part of the Great Gift Pile, but the achievement was added to the game and I wouldn't be surprised to see DD go on sale again. (Not to mention I've been looking for an excuse to play DD with others.)

I've even scheduled a tentative ToJ Dungeon Defenders game night for anyone else who might be looking to do the same.

Okay, I knocked out the CrimeCraft GangWars Snow Ballin' achievement...and received a 50% off Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale (a game which I already own) for my trouble. Oy. There's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

...and received a 50% off Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale (a game which I already own) for my trouble. Oy. There's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
xD Such is life ;)

Killing Floor - Already did that one. Easy to get, because you don't have to play in a Christmas map; the zeds are Christmasy on every map. I just used a offline map on easy. I almost always pick Mountain Pass for solo, because it is easy to kite and run.

Spiral Knights - Got that one too. Pretty easy. Like Killing Floor, you don't have to have played for X-amount or have played up to a certain level to do it.

So far, I have not done the trade, recommendation, AaaaaAaaa (etc.) For the Awesome and Crimecraft.

I probably won't do any of them (well, maybe the trade..forgot about that). I did try Awesome (had no reason to play it until this event started), but as expected, I am bad at it. Pretty game, but I won't be able to do the achievement.

Last edited:
Killing Floor - Already did that one. Easy to get, because you don't have to play in a Christmas map; the zeds are Christmasy on every map. I just used a offline map on easy. I almost always pick Mountain Pass for solo, because it is easy to kite and run.
I know I could earn the achievement solo, but I also know several other ToJ (and Christian Crew, too?) members own KF and it would be way more fun to play it with others than solo. If it comes down to it, I'll play it by myself, but I know it won't be as much fun.

Spiral Knights - Got that one too. Pretty easy. Like Killing Floor, you don't have to have played for X-amount or have played up to a certain level to do it.
As with KF, I look at the achievement for SK as an excuse to play the game with others. I like SK, but it's one of those games that was very popular at launch (or, in the case of SK, when it was added to Steam) then dropped off 2-3 weeks after.

So far, I have not done the trade, recommendation, AaaaaAaaa (etc.) For the Awesome and Crimecraft.
The trade achievement is easy. I can help with that one. Just message me on Steam some time in the evening. I hope to be on Steam tonight for Dungeon Defenders (provided I don't collapse after my poor daughter, who's currently teething, allowed me and my wife very little sleep last night).

I'll tell you now that I did not think earning the CrimeCraft achievement was any fun at all. Others in the two matches I played felt the same way and most intended to uninstall the game after earning the achievement.

Also, the CrimeCraft client is a 10GB download, so take that into consideration.

I probably won't do any of them (well, maybe the trade..forgot about that). I did try Awesome (had no reason to play it until this event started), but as expected, I am bad at it. Pretty game, but I won't be able to do the achievement.
After watching about 30 seconds of a video of someone earning the achievement, I can understand your decision. I played the first AaaA! game but haven't (and probably won't) purchase the "For the Awesome" DLC.

Killing Floor
Done.

Spiral Knights
Son of a Nutcracker! - Hit an opponent with a snowball in Lockdown.
Done.

CrimeCraft GangWars
Snow Ballin' - Earn a total of 200 points from Snow Brawl matches. This match type can be found under the events tab in the battles menu starting from level 8
Done. (There's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.)

Rise of Immortals
Supporter - Get 10 assists in a match.
Not done yet. Anyone else interested in getting this achievement?

Also, I'm still hoping to get:
Dungeon Defenders
Jingled All the Way -Delivered all the presents, and saved Santa Tavernkeep from the vile clutches of Mega-Snowman!
But I'll definitely need help with that one.

My gaming schedule for tonight:

Renegade Ops
Naughty or Nice - Receive a present from Santa Claus (Coldstrike DLC required)

Atom Zombie Smasher
KringleJammer - Defeat Wave 7 in the KringleJammer mini-game.

Dungeon Defenders
Jingled All the Way -Delivered all the presents, and saved Santa Tavernkeep from the vile clutches of Mega-Snowman!

The first two are single-player only, but I could certainly use some help with the third.

EDIT: And for those who may be wondering, no, I won't be going to any New Year's parties this year. I'm over 30, I have a 10-month old daughter, and my wife and I plan to sit together on the couch, drinking tea, and watch the ball drop on TV.

My gaming schedule for tonight:

Renegade Ops
Naughty or Nice - Receive a present from Santa Claus (Coldstrike DLC required)

Atom Zombie Smasher
KringleJammer - Defeat Wave 7 in the KringleJammer mini-game.

Dungeon Defenders
Done, done, and done!

Thanks to imbrucy, Kiljoy, and Turbo for helping me get the Jingled All the Way achievement. And when I say "helping," I mean, "Doing all the work while I ran around and asked n00b questions." :D

And with that, I am FINISHED with Great Gift Pile achievements (since I refuse to even attempt the Super Meat Boy and Binding of Isaac achievements). Huzzah!

If anyone needs help with Great Gift Pile achievements, let me know and I'll help if I'm available.

Back