Help! Can't Login to Game

Taran

Hi folks,
I need some help. Yesterday evening, I was playing GW2. Everything was fine. This morning, I ran several adware/virus scans to clean my system. Just routine maintenance. Everything seemed good. Later, now that the work day is over, I'm ready to play. Only now I can't login to the game. Here's what's happening:

I activate the GW2 launcher. Put in email and password. Hit "login"
Then it authenticates by sending an email. Only the email doesn't arrive. I wait, keep checking, wait and wait.
After about 10 minutes, an authentication email comes back, but by the time it arrives, it gives "bad request" (because its timed out). I have been going through this cycle for about an hour and half now. Same thing every time.

I checked with my son (upstairs). He's able to login right away. So its not a problem with our Internet service or broadband connection or Internet access. Its either something to do with my computer or ArenaNet's Server (which may not like me). I can't even "login" to submit a support ticket.

So does anyone know what this problem might be and how to fix it (repair)?

Update:

After posting, the game finally shortened the delay to about two minutes (which was enough time to authenticate before it expired). Any way to shorten the delay from sending an authenticate request to receiving the email response?

I'm pretty sure I saw a post last night on the forums that they were working on a bug that was causing a large delay in emails to players, so there's at least hope that it's not an issue just for you, and they will or have already fixed it.

Back