Hello - New here...

Ricardo777

Hello. I'm new here. I joined about 2 days ago, I think. I'm not sure if this is the place to introduce my self. I'm not much of a gamer, but I do like some video games to play on occasion. I'm more of a Techy guy. I love computers & technology :) . I joined here because I wanted to find a gamer community place to make friends & play video games with others as my younger bro has with his online gamer friends from the gscentral.com community. The one difrerence is that I wanted to find a safe Christian gamer community alternative. & here it is :) . So, that's my story. I hope to make good Christian friends here & play Super Smash Bros Brawl on wifi & maybe if there be Animal Crossing City Folk on wifi on the wii, too. But most of all fellowship with the Lord centered. Have a great day & God Bless :) .

Hey there! Welcome to the Alliance! Always good to see new members.

Hello. I'm new here. I joined about 2 days ago, I think. I'm not sure if this is the place to introduce my self. I'm not much of a gamer, but I do like some video games to play on occasion. I'm more of a Techy guy. I love computers & technology :) . I joined here because I wanted to find a gamer community place to make friends & play video games with others as my younger bro has with his online gamer friends from the gscentral.com community. The one difrerence is that I wanted to find a safe Christian gamer community alternative. & here it is :) . So, that's my story. I hope to make good Christian friends here & play Super Smash Bros Brawl on wifi & maybe if there be Animal Crossing City Folk on wifi on the wii, too. But most of all fellowship with the Lord centered. Have a great day & God Bless :) .

Welcome dude and you'll fit right in here with the rest of us haha. We are pretty technologically savvy and if you have a question or have insight to another topic, go right ahead especially in such things as security issue threads or stuff. Glad your here and hope you enjoy it.

Welcome! Did you see this list? It may be of use to you if you did not :). http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22870&highlight=Nintendo

Welcome! Did you see this list? It may be of use to you if you did not :). http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22870&highlight=Nintendo

Ya I did. I have that forum saved (in Favorites, etc.). I'll use it once I get more closer with the others here in this site :) (I don't want to play wifi with fcs of strangers, lol.), which I know won't be long ;) . The edge we have to be faster in making friendship is Jesus Christ :D !

I'm glad to finally have my account activated. How does that take for new members?

Thank you all & God bless :) .

P.S.

Also, I had looked in that forum thread & saw no animal crosser of Animal Crossing City Folk (ACCF). Let me know if there be any in there. I'll soon (or a little while after being a member here) be putting my fcs of my games (& my younger bros games) in there (the forum thread link), too ;) .

Hello and welcome aboard Ricardo. You'll find this is a great community of Christian Brothers and Sisters who share a common interest. (Jesus!)

If you are interested. You can also download STEAM ( a gaming social network) and on it there is the Tribe of Judah and several other PC gaming communities for christians. I have had a wonderful time gaming with others there. I personally recommend Team Fortress 2 or Left For Dead as they are the games I play most often and would enjoy your fellowship.

Be blessed bro!

Hello and welcome aboard Ricardo. You'll find this is a great community of Christian Brothers and Sisters who share a common interest. (Jesus!)

If you are interested. You can also download STEAM ( a gaming social network) and on it there is the Tribe of Judah and several other PC gaming communities for christians. I have had a wonderful time gaming with others there. I personally recommend Team Fortress 2 or Left For Dead as they are the games I play most often and would enjoy your fellowship.

Be blessed bro!

Thank you :) . What about if I don't have some of the games mentioned? Are All the chats in STEAM Christian or are some "parsial" Christian? "Left For Dead" doesn't sound very Christian like to have of that game (No offense :( ). Anyways, have a great day & God bless :) .

Thank you :) . What about if I don't have some of the games mentioned? Are All the chats in STEAM Christian or are some "parsial" Christian? "Left For Dead" doesn't sound very Christian like to have of that game (No offense :( ). Anyways, have a great day & God bless :) .

If you are used to only playing games like Super Smash Brothers and Animal Crossing (which is perfectly fine) I'd honestly say avoid L4D as it's a completely different type of game. It's the Zombie apocalypse, you've got a gun and you're trying to survive that's about the crux of the game. However I do believe violence is not immoral, it's the context of the violence though. Examples...

In L4D killing mindless creatures in an effort to survive. That I can see God being alright with.

Killing and committing crimes in a game like GTA which rewards/reinforces those behaviors, I don't think so.

Having said that I do wonder if some games glorify violence/gore and thus promote those behaviors even if it is not in an immoral context. So I can see how people would object to L4D or even TF2 and I respect that.

I'd probably play L4D myself but I haven't made up my mind. As I am an inspiring game maker/mapper all the gore and violence looks very fake to me when I can tell how it's put together while it probably won't for those new to the genre. The game does have some cussing by the NPC's as well but then most games do T_T (I gave up hoping for a mature non-cussing game after Mega Man condemned something to Hell in Mega Man X :/ ). As far as positive content the game has excellent co-op which is not only a fun thing but I consider it to be a good behavior to reinforce. The game does seems to have rather limited replay value but many disagree with that.

As far as TF2 is much more cartoony though it does have some cuss words the characters say which it could have done without. I'm the TF2 chapter co-leader by the way so you know I like the game :p .

The big thing is basically any game you play online has content that is subject to the whims of it's players (and boy cursing is the least of the things people on public servers will do -_-) . Playing on our servers definitely improves content but grievers do like to come in and accost us (we only have a TF2 server, COD4 and COD5 server right now).

Chatting to Toj members on Steam is not monitored as it's just like any other instant messenger program. Steam is not just a chat program though it also informs you if your friends are playing a game so you may join them and of course it lets you buy/download games.

If you do have any interest in the games definitely google both or look on Steam's site for trailers before purchasing the games so you can get a sense of what they are about. Here is a link to the steam page on TF2 http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/ click the view all videos text for the funny videos made for the game (I think a couple do have light cuss words).

Should you be compelled to try one of them I would definitely say try TF2 before L4D. It's cheaper, definitely less intense, has Christian servers to play on (other than just ours), it has less cussing (if I remember L4D right) and (only in my opinion) is a better game. You can always pick up L4D later if you find TF2 acceptable content wise but if you find TF2 unacceptable I'd say there is no way you'd accept L4D.

In closing Steam regularly has discount sales on it's games on weekends. I'd imagine if you wait around a month or 2 either TF2 or L4D will be discounted one weekend. Tell me if you want me to PM if they happen, I'd be glad to.

Last edited:
"Left For Dead" doesn't sound very Christian like to have of that game (No offense :( ).
Left 4 Dead is definitely not for younger audiences, since there's a lot of blood and gore. But there's no moral issues with the game's objectives, which I suppose is the appeal of the "zombie apocalypse" scenario. It's as simple as kill or be killed.

The real appeal of Left 4 Dead is the coherence of the multiplayer experience. Instead of trying to rally 9-15 other players to work toward a team objective like in Team Fortress 2, you're working with 3 other players (usually people on your Friends list instead of random players) to move from point A to point B. Most players on TF2 pub (public) servers play the game like team deathmatch, just respawning and rushing toward the nearest enemy in an attempt to score a frag. Players who run off and do their own thing meet a quick (and violent) end in Left 4 Dead. L4D offers a greater sense of camaraderie among average players. TF2 offers an equal or greater sense of camaraderie in a competitive play setting.

If you are used to only playing games like Super Smash Brothers and Animal Crossing (which is perfectly fine) I'd honestly say avoid L4D as it's a completely different type of game. It's the Zombie apocalypse, you've got a gun and you're trying to survive that's about the crux of the game. However I do believe violence is not immoral, it's the context of the violence though. Examples...

In L4D killing mindless creatures in an effort to survive. That I can see God being alright with.

Killing and committing crimes in a game like GTA which rewards/reinforces those behaviors, I don't think so.

Having said that I do wonder if some games glorify violence/gore and thus promote those behaviors even if it is not in an immoral context. So I can see how people would object to L4D or even TF2 and I respect that.

I'd probably play L4D myself but I haven't made up my mind. As I am an inspiring game maker/mapper all the gore and violence looks very fake to me when I can tell how it's put together while it probably won't for those new to the genre. The game does have some cussing by the NPC's as well but then most games do T_T (I gave up hoping for a mature non-cussing game after Mega Man condemned something to Hell in Mega Man X :/ ). As far as positive content the game has excellent co-op which is not only a fun thing but I consider it to be a good behavior to reinforce. The game does seems to have rather limited replay value but many disagree with that.

As far as TF2 is much more cartoony though it does have some cuss words the characters say which it could have done without. I'm the TF2 chapter co-leader by the way so you know I like the game :p .

The big thing is basically any game you play online has content that is subject to the whims of it's players (and boy cursing is the least of the things people on public servers will do -_-) . Playing on our servers definitely improves content but grievers do like to come in and accost us (we only have a TF2 server, COD4 and COD5 server right now).

Chatting to Toj members on Steam is not monitored as it's just like any other instant messenger program. Steam is not just a chat program though it also informs you if your friends are playing a game so you may join them and of course it lets you buy/download games.

If you do have any interest in the games definitely google both or look on Steam's site for trailers before purchasing the games so you can get a sense of what they are about. Here is a link to the steam page on TF2 http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/ click the view all videos text for the funny videos made for the game (I think a couple do have light cuss words).

Should you be compelled to try one of them I would definitely say try TF2 before L4D. It's cheaper, definitely less intense, has Christian servers to play on (other than just ours), it has less cussing (if I remember L4D right) and (only in my opinion) is a better game. You can always pick up L4D later if you find TF2 acceptable content wise but if you find TF2 unacceptable I'd say there is no way you'd accept L4D.

In closing Steam regularly has discount sales on it's games on weekends. I'd imagine if you wait around a month or 2 either TF2 or L4D will be discounted one weekend. Tell me if you want me to PM if they happen, I'd be glad to.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, you can PM me if that does happen :) . Well, I'll see maybe of getting one or the other of those games, but for now maybe not. I will however try to find other games compatible with online use of users of this site. As for STEAM, I'll probably download it sometime soon. Have a great day & God bless :) .

Left 4 Dead is definitely not for younger audiences, since there's a lot of blood and gore. But there's no moral issues with the game's objectives, which I suppose is the appeal of the "zombie apocalypse" scenario. It's as simple as kill or be killed.

The real appeal of Left 4 Dead is the coherence of the multiplayer experience. Instead of trying to rally 9-15 other players to work toward a team objective like in Team Fortress 2, you're working with 3 other players (usually people on your Friends list instead of random players) to move from point A to point B. Most players on TF2 pub (public) servers play the game like team deathmatch, just respawning and rushing toward the nearest enemy in an attempt to score a frag. Players who run off and do their own thing meet a quick (and violent) end in Left 4 Dead. L4D offers a greater sense of camaraderie among average players. TF2 offers an equal or greater sense of camaraderie in a competitive play setting.

Yeah, if it's by team against the enemy(s), then it's more better to me. It's like real life, we as Christians with Jesus as the leader fight against the whiles of the enemy, Satan & his demons :) .

I play counter strike 1.6 and counter strike source (both steam based platforms) the latter the least. The servers that I go to are ones I ping the best and trust me saying that where I end up playing the language is as harsh as the game itself sometimes! lol not for the faint of heart or weak in mind. I am constantly pestered for my faith to which is encouraging. And to note I die a lot so I talk to DEAD PEOPLE!

Back