Hello?... hello?... ello?.... llo?.... lo?.... o?...

blsimpson

(That was an echo, in case anyone is confussed ;) )

Hello! Its been awfully quiet around here, my self included. I have been trying to login to the server more, but haven't seen anyone on, ever.. Do we still have people around??

Are we still playing Minecraft, or have we moved on to other games? If you are playing others, let us know what they are, Im always looking to expand my backlog of unplayed games.. :)

I still play Minecraft pretty regularly. Just not on this server because of the settings. I've also been playing some CS:GO (casual is actually pretty fun with a lot less of the toxic professional players you found in CS:S all the time). I do the occasional 24 man L4D2 server. And I do some Popcap games I got in a bundle just to kill time.

I still play Minecraft semi-regularly, but just like Wolfeman, not necessarily on this server (and for me, it's not necessarily because of settings on this server). I've been struggling at work with meeting deadlines, which has me working until late in the evening. Then there's family and illnesses, and all manner of other distractions. Guild Wars 2 has been my primary outlet for relaxation.

The other big issue that keeps me from playing is my own doing - I really prefer doing tight coop play with another person or two; that is to say, I enjoy having common playing times, working together towards common goals, pooling resources, etc. Because I haven't spent a lot of time in Minecraft (or any other game, really) with others from this community - which is my own fault, I admit - I haven't developed any relationships that would lead towards this type of partnership in-game.

I'm also not an architectural wizard, and really have no desire to become one. I'm more into technology, machinery, and automation - as well as farming, herding, and gathering. While some are interested in building massive structures, I'm more interested in building massive stockpiles. I don't remember which mods were included on the server (and can't find the post right now), but I recall it being a little light on the tech stuff.

I'd like to play more. Unfortunately, my Minecraft computer has been... forcibly removed from my house, and my other desktop can not run Minecraft. The laptop runs it but my sister commonly uses it and it needs my father's password to log me in. But when I can I like to log in and play.

Last edited:
I still play Minecraft semi-regularly, but just like Wolfeman, not necessarily on this server (and for me, it's not necessarily because of settings on this server). I've been struggling at work with meeting deadlines, which has me working until late in the evening. Then there's family and illnesses, and all manner of other distractions. Guild Wars 2 has been my primary outlet for relaxation.

The other big issue that keeps me from playing is my own doing - I really prefer doing tight coop play with another person or two; that is to say, I enjoy having common playing times, working together towards common goals, pooling resources, etc. Because I haven't spent a lot of time in Minecraft (or any other game, really) with others from this community - which is my own fault, I admit - I haven't developed any relationships that would lead towards this type of partnership in-game.

I'm also not an architectural wizard, and really have no desire to become one. I'm more into technology, machinery, and automation - as well as farming, herding, and gathering. While some are interested in building massive structures, I'm more interested in building massive stockpiles. I don't remember which mods were included on the server (and can't find the post right now), but I recall it being a little light on the tech stuff.

There aren't any mods at the server at all. It's completely vanilla, with a few commands Lost came up with. (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm busy unpacking from moving across town, but I always try to play once a week for a few hours.
Still looking for a good spot in the world to place a large project,
only being deterred by the lack of mapping to know the areas and biomes to set up boundaries.

Correct. Last time I checked it was vanilla but it does have some settings changed from the pure vanilla that make it unplayable for me.

Good to hear from you all! I have been dabbling in playing Banished (which is actually a really good game, but still in development..) and started playing FTB again a little.

Yes, our server is pure vanilla, there are no mods. The setting that Wolf is talking about is creeper explosion world damage is turned off. the explosion still hurts the player, just not the world.

I have attempted to log in a couple times, but i just recently got out of college which took up most of my life for the last 7 months. It tells me the server is outdated, unless we have a new IP... Could i get that from ya?

You need to use 14w11b, the newest snapshot. If you use the new launcher you create a profile and then specify that you want snapshots to be included.

I've been trying to jump in, on and off, for the past couple of months, but could never figure out the 14w11b thing. ... I'll keep trying though.

Aaah. I think I figured it out. You have to go into Edit Profile, and checkmark the "Enable experimental development versions". *then* snapshot 14w11b will show as an option under "use version" I'm going to give it a try.

Yep, thats how its done. :) You could also use the Newest Version option, then whenever it updates, it will update automatically..

Good to see you back :)

Back