Health-Related Prayer Request

PraiseH_BlessH

I hope that I may take a moment of your time to share a brief prayer request relating to my health.
Yesterday I woke up in the morning with chest pain and shortness of breath. At my local medical clinic's urgent care center, they did some tests and x-rays, and found that my left lung had collapsed. It's called spontaneous pneumothorax. The surgeon did a small operation to remove the excess air and to re-inflate the lung, so I now have a small tube and valve connected to my left chest to drain out the remaining. It will be removed in a couple of days. However, the doctor said that after removing the tube, 1 out of 3 patients have a collapsed lung again. If that is the case, I'll have to go through a full-blown surgery with general anesthetic. I do not want that.
If you could remember me in your prayers for the next few days or so, I would be forever indebted to you. Thanks for your time.

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” -2 Cor 12:9a

Thanks for all your prayers. The good news is that I'm in stable condition, but the bad news is, the doctor has decided that I need surgery.
My surgery will be on Thursday 7/22 at around 10am pst. They'll be sewing up the injured parts of my lung, and sealing it against the chest wall so it won't collapse again. I will be under general anesthetic.

And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed. -Deut 31:8 (KJV)

Thursday is the 23rd. Threw me through a loop with that one you did. I will pray for you tonight, and when I wake up tomorrow, which is conveniently 10am PST :)

I can't tell you all how grateful I am for all your prayers. God was faithful and followed through with this perfectly. The surgery was indeed successful; they used a minimally invasive method, and cut off some weak parts of my left lung. I will most likely be discharged from the hospital within a couple of days, depending on the speed of healing.
Once again, thank you for your prayers, and may God bless you all.

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
-1 Thess 5:16-18 (NKJV)

Glad to hear you made it through fine! Give us an update when you get a chance.

In the meantime, we'll keep praying for an excellent recovery!

Sorry for the delay in the update xD
I had a follow-up appointment a few days ago with the doctor, and he said that everything was healing up well, and the lung looked fine in the x-ray. During the surgery, they apparently compressed and irritated some of the nerves under my ribs, so the left side of my torso remains completely numb. He says that this minor condition should disappear in a month or two.
I was also hoping that I could add a short, somewhat unrelated request on top of this thread...
This Thursday, I'll be moving from my home in Cupertino, CA to Ithaca, NY for my freshman year in college. To say the least, the thought of living 3,000 miles away from home is quite nerve-wracking, as is the prospect of beginning college. I pray that the coming weeks of transition into the new environment will be smooth, and that I'll be able to find a good youth fellowship and church.
Thanks

Back