Headphones

Actually, there's a button with quotation marks and a plus button on it. Click that on each of the posts you want to quote, then click "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page. Then, the posts you selected (even if they're from different threads) will be automagically copied into your new post.

i think i can sum it up in 1 4 letter word: pwnt

I bought Sennheisers from circuit city about 6 months ago and they are probably the best sounding headphones I have ever owned, they blow sony out of the water, very powerful base and crisp treble and almost zero background hiss. They also have a nice long cord. They were so good I went back and got a small pair for my mp3 player. Here is the link for the ones I use on my computer ($39.99) http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Senn...20748/catOid/-12938/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do and these were the ones i use for my mp3 player ($59.99) http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Senn...19961/catOid/-12938/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do :cool:

Actually, there's a button with quotation marks and a plus button on it. Click that on each of the posts you want to quote, then click "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page. Then, the posts you selected (even if they're from different threads) will be automagically copied into your new post.

Thanks! I had no idea that was there :)

I bought Sennheisers from circuit city about 6 months ago and they are probably the best sounding headphones I have ever owned, they blow sony out of the water, very powerful base and crisp treble and almost zero background hiss. They also have a nice long cord. They were so good I went back and got a small pair for my mp3 player. Here is the link for the ones I use on my computer ($39.99) http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Senn...20748/catOid/-12938/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do and these were the ones i use for my mp3 player ($59.99) http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Senn...19961/catOid/-12938/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do :cool:

Thanks TB! Unfortunately, Best Buy (which is close) doesn't have a large Sennheiser selection so I can actually look at a pair.

By the way, for the money, these earbuds are without a doubt the nicest I've had: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-HE591-Surround-Sound-Earbuds/dp/B0001OY2VS

lol @ the whole "use quotes" thing. Stop fighting guys, it's ok if somebody posts a little differently than you might like.

Anyway, I recently got a pair of these and they sound great! They were $40 when I bought em, but they're totally worth the extra $20 that got added on to the price tag. Very good sound quality (best I've ever owned), and once you break em in they're quite comfy. My left ear hurt a little for the first couple of times I used em for 3+ hours, but wheter it was my ear getting used to em, or the headphones getting used to my head, it doesn't bother me anymore and they sound awesome. I highly reccomend em.

lol @ the whole "use quotes" thing. Stop fighting guys, it's ok if somebody posts a little differently than you might like.
lol. I wasn't fighting, I was just posting a short tutorial on how to use the "Quote Multiple Posts" feature. ^^

that was aimed at DV and atown..consider this the warning for this thread or infractions will start being handed out.

If you want a good set that'll last a while, go to Best Buy and try on a few in the $50 price range. Most in that range will sound pretty good unless you are a serious audiophile. I wouldn't buy a pair that I couldn't try on first. Comfort is a must if you plan to use them for more than an hour of gaming. Also, if you get one that covers your whole ear, it does a good job of drowning out all exterior noise.

Get back to me when you reach puberty.

n00b

Anyway... I don't know why anyone would really spend 50 bucks on a "Decent" pair of headphones, but whatever.

I can't help it if I like to reply to individual posts :p

LOL

You can always try www.cnet.com. They have reviews from a bunch of different people.

My first stop for user reviews is www.epinions.com

Great resource if you've never used it before.

Anyway, I recently got a pair of these and they sound great! They were $40 when I bought em, but they're totally worth the extra $20 that got added on to the price tag. Very good sound quality (best I've ever owned), and once you break em in they're quite comfy. My left ear hurt a little for the first couple of times I used em for 3+ hours, but wheter it was my ear getting used to em, or the headphones getting used to my head, it doesn't bother me anymore and they sound awesome. I highly reccomend em.

I ended up ordering a pair of Sennheiser HD202's. I didn't really see the difference between the 212's and the 202's. We'll see how it goes.

Back