Hawken

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I saw the trailer and I was happy! :)

I read the game will be free-to-play and I was sad. :(

I'd much rather pay once for a game like this than it be F2P and feel like I never really "own" the game.

I realize I'm likely alone in that sentiment, but whether you love F2P or not, Hawken looks amazing.

EDIT: Oo~ there's a way to reserve your callsign early if you get 3 others to register for the beta. Here's my referral link in case anyone else is interested in Hawken and wants to lend a hand.

Last edited:
This was one of the few games gametrailers previewed a while back which looked interesting to me. I think I prefer the "immersive" hud style to the "minimalistic" hud ever since Wing Commander. They should add more sparks flying off broken screens with cracks in the windscreen when you get damaged in this game.

I realize I'm likely alone in that sentiment, but whether you love F2P or not, Hawken looks amazing.

I'd prefer regular games too but as things are time and money wise F2P or beta is the only way I will be trying a new game nowadays (unless it's like 5 bucks on Steam). Of course even longer ago I used to prefer getting a game on disc, in my physical hand, that just worked period with no updates needed.

Last edited:
Hawken looks very cool! Not sure how they will work the f2p. It would be nice if it were similar to LOTRO, where you have the option of paying $x for full access, rather than just nickle and dime'ing.

It looks amazing!

Hope its like MW2 :)

And by that I mean the first MW2, as in Mechwarrior 2...

It looks amazing!

Hope its like MW2 :)

And by that I mean the first MW2, as in Mechwarrior 2...
Thank you for clarifying. For a moment, I thought I was about to have to throw things at you through my monitor.

There are a lot of promising looking F2P games on the horizon. Not sure how to feel about that. Regardless, Hawken has my attention.

Eeeeeeeek. Mechs! :D

...wait. That's pretty... uh... fast/action-y. Looks awesome, no doubt, but that kind of speed for mechs makes me go "waaaaaaait" on reflex. :p

Signed up for you, O Tek... in case you still needed sign ups. :D

I'll keep my eyes on Hawken fo sho, but I'm still keeping my eye on the upcoming Mechwarrior Online, too. :D

Last edited:
After much viewing, MWO looks like more of what I'm eager to play. I wants my slow mech combat. Might pass on the arcade mech stuff... :p

Definitely my initial response, but now I'm rethinking this and asking myself, "Why can't I play and thoroughly enjoy both?"

So, I'ma try to play and thoroughly enjoy both. I love me some mechs. If it's mech-based action FPS or YAMS action FPS, I think I'ma go mech-based. <3

Edit: Obligatory exception for Counter-Strike in my general disinterest in military-esque shooters. :p

Last edited:
I just squeed a little. XD

Gimme both! 'bout time mechheads get some love. :)

...now, if only I could find some people to get into BattleTech (or the MW RPG) with. haha

Last edited:
I hope I can ride in my beloved Hellbringer. :D

Trailer is awesome... so much like MW4 and MW2...

speaking of which... I reinstalled MW2...

Back