haunted doll on ebay

What gets me after reading this is the 'God Bless' within the sales blurb. If this was a Christain, then they'd know they have the power over such things, yet imo it's a mere fakery and quite an interesting ploy to get someone to purchase a $200 doll, that's quite beat up...

Just looking at that doll gives me the creeps (and I mean "extreme" creeps). Something definetely doesn't seem right w/ that doll...

Of course it doesn't.  If it seemed 'right' noone would fall for the bait of a 'haunted' doll.

CCGR--Something I forgot to post earlier. But I believe in ghosts. Think of Sual. He went to a psyhic and had her summon...Samuel's (?) ghost to try and get a blessing, even though he knew this to be an abomination. The point is, there is life after death, there are ghosts, yet communing with them, not letting them sleep if you will is an abomination and as such a sin.

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kidan @ May 01 2003,8:19)]What gets me after reading this is the 'God Bless' within the sales blurb.  If this was a Christain, then they'd know they have the power over such things...
<span =''>
Remember...just because someone believes in God does not make them a Christian....I know dozens of "new age" people who believe in a God, it just isn't the same God I worship.

As for the doll, its just an ugly toy to me. probably something dug up in a dump somewhere....

Cory

ehhh, I think i'll avoid the doll thing, my boundry
for me is no ouiji Boards, no seances, no practicing
witchcraft, I heard some bad thing's about ouiji
board's something like demon possession which
I don't want and I heard about a person who's
done a seance and then I heard he got hit by a
vehicle and the person who told me about the
person hit by a vehicle tell's me to talk people
out of a seance.

Now I know to avoid legalism.
I do play game's like warcraft 3 but my boundry
is no practicing sorcery.

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ May 02 2003,7:04)]Looks a little beat up, but it didn't seem any creepier than most dolls do.
<span =''>
Did you watch the video's where the babies arm moved? Or read a bit about what the possible history of the doll? Sure, some of it is likely just a story...on the other hand.....you never know.

It just looked like a doll to me (a very old and dirity one). I also think people will belive what they want to belive and if people think the doll is haunted they will see the doll doing weird things. Also I would think it would be kind of easy to make the doll's hand move without touching them.

I definitely don't think that guy is Christian, he said that if you put it's soul to rest that the good deed will go many times over for you.

Regarding Saul I belive God let that happen and the psycic was kinda surprised at the authenticity making her practice a farse.

"Did you watch the video's where the babies arm moved?"

OMG, THE DOLL'S ARM MOVED!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ May 03 2003,10:42)]"Did you watch the video's where the babies arm moved?"

OMG, THE DOLL'S ARM MOVED!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
<span =''>
Its funny, how demons all of a sudden no longer exist.  I mean for 4 thousand years they did.  They even talked to Jesus and asked to be placed in pigs.   But all of a sudden, in our sci-fi world, they don't.

I am not sure which thought is scarier:

1.  That there ARE demons around in this world or
2.  People have bought into a "they don't exist" mentality or they only exist in witchcraft, which Christianity has nothing to do with, therefore there are no demons.

Dudes, wake up and smell some coffee, its just not a physical battle we are fighting as Christians, rather a spritual battle.  And with whom, pray tell, do you fight a spiritual battle with?

I believe demons and ghosts exist. And as I very wise cuz told me once, we must remember whom they serve and from whom they come from.

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Saxamaphone @ May 04 2003,2:17)]Dudes, wake up and smell some coffee, its just not a physical battle we are fighting as Christians, rather a spritual battle.  And with whom, pray tell, do you fight a spiritual battle with?
<span =''>
hmm..I don't think anyone discounted the fact demons exist......

Cory

He could have easily faked the movement of the arm, but THAT FREAKED ME OUT.

I believe in demons and ghosts. Though, Kidan, a problem with your Samuel example is this: Jesus died, and set the captives free...they were captives after death to this world, down in the Pit. Those who obeyed God lived in the heavnly portion of Sheol, and those that didn't, were wicked, were evil, abominational to the law and God, died and were sent to the hellish portion of Sheol. Ghosts walked the Earth in those days, I believe. I believe they still do, but the thing is: they're dead and in the Pit. Samuel was summoned, indeed. BUT when Christ died, HE Himself descended into the Pit. He led those in the heavenly portion of Sheol to the Kingdom of God. I believe those who die today STILL return to the hellish portion of Sheol and remain there, until Judgement Day, when ALL are called forth, and those that have died in #### die yet again, and go into the eternal lake of fire (remember, #### is NOT the Lake of Fire and Burning Sulphur). That's the second death. Those that die today, believing upon Christ, go to heaven to be with Him.

SO. Yes. I believe ghosts still walk this world. But people will debate your Samuel point, some thinking that when Christ died, ALL of the dead ascended to the Judgement Seat, and from there he sent them about, and whoever dies today goes either to the lake or to heaven.

Personally, I believe in ghosts, in all their demented unglory. Perhaps we have power over them...perhaps not. It all depends on God. If God doesn't want us to have control over the demons, then we will NOT have control over them. Should that be so, then couldn't we wipe out Satan in the Name of God? Hardly. We're not able to, because God doesn't will us to. Demons can torment man, and they have free reign over those who are not of God, I am most certain. But, God can also allow them to torture Christians, even. I believe strongly that God does such things.

Paul states to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. So how is there time to roam around the planet looking for peace? I don't want to wander around, I want to be with God when I die.

Back