Hard Mode

CharnelHouse

Are there any guild groups pursuing Vanquisher titles?

My play schedule is Wed-Sat late evening (8:30-10 or 12ish PST) so it would be slow achieving it for me. I also need to get my PvE char to 20.

If there is already a group going, or anyone is interested in putting together a group that can play in those time frames let me know.

Last edited:
Yea, Saturday is HsC event night, either dungeon, elite areas, or VQ. and WWJD has a VQ night Sunday night. I'm also pursuing VQs now. I just finished GWEN yesterday (woot!) but I still have most of Tyria/Elona/Cantha to do. I'm normally on all week after 3:00ish PST and I'll always say something before I head off.

It seems to last about an hour or two (sometimes longer) depending on the area. What time zone are you in?

It seems to last about an hour or two (sometimes longer) depending on the area. What time zone are you in?

Ack... can't believe I forgot to put my timezone in the OP ><

Anyway, it's PST, so 11:30 is about the earliest I would get on EST.

There are some of us in the PST who are out vanquishing in the evenings - Wednesdays through Sundays. I might even be going out some this weekend. I've been traveling the past week and haven't been on.

What areas are you trying to vanquish? I have a couple in EotN - a few in Prophecies - and a bunch in Nightfall and Factions.

Hurray! I got another area vanquished in Nightfall last evening. I had not been on in a while so I picked an easy one but lots of kills - Issnur Isles. Not very challenging - but I did get some dye, a lockpick, a gold weapon and about 4k out of it.

There are some of us in the PST who are out vanquishing in the evenings - Wednesdays through Sundays. I might even be going out some this weekend. I've been traveling the past week and haven't been on.

What areas are you trying to vanquish? I have a couple in EotN - a few in Prophecies - and a bunch in Nightfall and Factions.

Well, I am not trying any yet ;) as my only PvE char is only L9. I figure I will have him to 20 in the next week or two and will start then. I will be playing through all 3 campaigns (Nightfall will be new to me) and EotN at some point as well. I just came back to the game after a very long layoff.

Okay. What is your in-game name? It wouldn't be much fun having a level 20 along killing things - but I could work on my healing skills and just keep you alive while you killed the bad guys. I have bonuses I have to go back and get with my Monk.

Remember that in order to get into a campaign or expansion's hard mode, you have to have completed the final mission for that particular campaign or expansion in normal mode.

Remember that in order to get into a campaign or expansion's hard mode, you have to have completed the final mission for that particular campaign or expansion in normal mode.

Oh yeah, that. I had been reading about the Vanquisher titles on GW Wiki and did not pick up on the fact that Hard Mode requires completion of the respective campaigns. Guess it will be a bit longer than I thought...

I'm always up for some vanquishing, but 11:30pm would be wayyy too late for me. I gotta get up and go to work at 5am.

However, if your best character is only Level 9 then I think it's a bit too early for you to start thinking about vanquishing. You're just now learning the game. Take your time and go thru the campaigns. Enjoy the scenery and get to know the various quests and missions. If you have questions don't be afraid to ask.

I would advise you to not ask for runs. You'll find plenty of folks offering, but if this is your first time thru the game it's better to do it on your own or with a cooperative group. You'll learn better how to play that way. Wiki is always good for tips and guildies can advise you on your skillbars and help you get the skills you need.

Ditto on what Raven says. The goal is to play the game - not just get through it. Don't pay people to run you through. Let your skills grow with your character. That will make vanquishing much more doable when you get there.

Ditto on what Raven says. The goal is to play the game - not just get through it. Don't pay people to run you through. Let your skills grow with your character. That will make vanquishing much more doable when you get there.

Cool, and thanks for the advice. FWIW I played Prophecies from Beta, Alpha tested Factions and then quit just as Nightfall was coming out.

I will play through the Nightfall and EotN stuff for sure, but I have 0 qualms about getting run through Prophecies or Factions ;) .

I'm 20 Tyria VQs away from Legendary Vanquisher, but 11:30pm is far too late for this poor east coast resident. Otherwise, I'd love to help you out.

Back