HALF LIFE 2 GOLD!

i confirm plankeye, it was wellknown as hoax. Some weird person got Gabe's password and posted a stupid fake thread. aparentyl the password was GabeN. u can read more in CSnation lol. (www.csnation.net)

Yes a Chris Bokitch (Valve employee) confirmed the hoax.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]false.

Do you really think the gold announcement will be made with a 4 word forum post? OMFG will count as four words by itself! :-]

Also, patient is not a word I would use to describe people's manner of waiting. Understandable -- I'm pretty excited about it myself.

At any rate, it's 9:18am ... sorry I slept in or I would have stomped sooner. At any other rate, it looks like hl2fallout.com cleared things up a while ago (relatively) with their Fool's Gold post.

Its not gold yet its already being preloaded
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Aug. 28 2004,5:55)]Its not gold yet its already being preloaded
rock.gif
Preloading means that valve is distrubuting the data they know won't change (textures, sound, etc.) so that it will be a quick and easy launch (enter your credit card number and download a small file, and play)

Well I just got home and I had a bad feeling something was going to make my day worse. Last night four seperate web pages ran the story saying it was gold get home and they all say it was a hoax. Now im all sad again maybe it will make it within a year of its orignal release date? Nope doubt it.

Well still it might be true. you never know...
It cant be that far away check this out...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Half-Life 2 Pre-Loading Begins
August 26, 2004, 6:55 pm · cliffe

Half-Life 2 pre-loading begins to Steam account holders today. Over the coming days, those who have selected the pre-loading option will have encrypted Half-Life 2 files delivered to their PC. No purchase is required to pre-load HL2, but is required to activate the game. Purchase options will be released soon. Then, the moment the game is made available, those who have pre-loaded and purchased Half-Life 2 via Steam will be authenticated and ready to start playing.
the way they worded it makes it sem like we SHOULD expect it to go gold this week.
Why would we have a preloaded half-life 2 in our comps for over a month?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Eden @ Aug. 29 2004,8:00)]Well still it might be true. you never know...
It cant be that far away check this out...

the way they worded it makes it sem like we SHOULD expect it to go gold this week.
Why would we have a preloaded half-life 2 in our comps for over a month?
rock.gif
Because this isn't Hl2, its PART of hl2. People don't seem to get this is the first preload not the one and only.

And no it's not true, Valve itself confirmed that.

You can imagine the demands on bandwidth the day its released. you may find it making some kind of record for slowing things down... LOL.

Pipeline to australia suffers lag due to game fanatics downloads?? (there's only one pipeline to Australia apparently...

so they are trying to get ahead of the panic. I remember what it was like getting the latest DOD download when it came out. Waiting for the release date was torture, waiting in line to DL was even worse.

sealcomm

Back