HAHAH MICROSOFT

Vanaze

Hahaha, NT and 2000's source code has been leaked. GG M$.

Who else thinks Linus is dancing a little jig right now?

Van

Wow I wanna meet the person who got some of dat.

Man thats just funny
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Can anyone honestly say they're really all that surprised by this? I mean it's so common place now. Longhorn, the next version of Windows, was already leaked a while back. Then there's things like the "theft/leak" of HL2, which lef to the FBI raiding apartments. This is just the new age version of companies taking office supplies in some regards. The only difference is it hurts the company marginally more and affects more people.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He said he was also downloading a leaked copy of World of Warcraft

I can confirm that as a friend of mine made me try it on my computer its an alpha that basicly has no functionality without a server, but apparantly a few hacking groups have put some stuff together and its playable. Same is true for the Half-Life 2 Alpha/Source code and the Stalker Alpha and Doom 3 E3 Leak... Companys just cant keep things safe now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (.se3ker. @ Feb. 13 2004,12:10)]I love Microsoft, and i'm saddened by this
sad.gif
Bah MS needs to have some faults so they actually look like they are run by humans and not the super human machines like Bill Gates
wow.gif

I don't think u should be making fun of this. I don't want to offend u in any way, but I think we should be thankful to Microsoft. At least i am. I wouldn't have this awesome Windows infront of me, in my computer, if they hadn't existed. I wouldnt' have done many of my school projects if they had not made the Microsoft Office. Personally i'm very disappointed at your post van, not that i hate you, but I don't think we should be making fun of people who were sabotaged in a way.

Think about it, lets say that some one stole your newly bought ATI Radeon 9800 pro. Supposing that all of us laughed, and said you were too nubby to take care of it etc.? We wouldn't do it, and i think u shouldn't do the same towards Microsoft.

Just my thoughts..

Its defintley a bad thing that this has been found even if it is only a portion of the code as I have been hearing. If anything important was leaked expect a stream of terrible new virus.
The main thing most people are glad about with microsoft getting hurt is that Windows seems very buggy and vulnerable (true to an extent). I mean when theres an exploit in the Preview Pain in OE that allowed the hackers to steal the Half Life 2 Alpha and Microsoft knew about it for months there is something wrong.
I personaly feel that Microsoft is doing a fairly good job with keep Windows secure releasing constant patches. I mean if as many people ran Mac's as PC's there would be just as many vulnerablties discovered and exploited.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flash @ Feb. 14 2004,7:02)]Think about it, lets say that some one stole your newly bought ATI Radeon 9800 pro. Supposing that all of us laughed, and said you were too nubby to take care of it etc.? We wouldn't do it, and i think u shouldn't do the same towards Microsoft.
*awkwardly scratches head* Sorry, Van, but I have to side with Flash on this one. I think the code leak is a bad thing all around and, while I respect Linux users, I don't subscribe to the "Micro$oft is evil!!!!1111" philosophy.

But, I never said M$ was EVIL. I just don't like the way they dominate the software market like they're gods.

Bothers me.

Exo - Untrue. Mac OS, while it has its vulnerabilities, is based off of Unix (or was), and has been stable as can be, with rare occasions of attacks on their systems.

Same goes with Linux.

Microsoft coders are just too involved with "OMG LETZ MKE THIS E-Z SO EVREY HAXOR CAN HAX UDS!@"

Oh, and Tek, M$ might very well be evil. There is much debate on whether they have stolen the majority of their coding from other operating systems.

TO me there is NO debate. Just from reviewing the list of files IN the source code that has been spread about the net (not the source code), it's, sadly, incredibly clear that anti-piracy M$ has been pirating code for years and years.

M$ evil? Maybe.

I've been told to not shoot off my mouth or make assumptions simply to go against others, perhaps you all should review information and do the same.

Van

Vanaze - It was not my intention to "go against others" when I posted my earlier message, nor what it my intent to defend Microsoft. I have used Linux before and I enjoyed the experience. I plan on install Redhat Linux 9.0 on a third PC when I get it up and running again.

Again, I am not saying that Microsoft is not guilty of stealing of source code--that's not for me to decide. Even if it were for me to decide, I lack the authority to punish them for breaking the law. I meant only to agree with Flash that it's unwise to rejoice at the plight of others.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Proverbs 24:17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:  
Proverbs 24:18 Lest the LORD see [it], and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.
Please show more respect to others, especially staff members, in future posts.

They haven't fallen yet, I'm rejoicing in the truths that are being revealed.

And uh...I wasn't being disrespectful?

Please show me what you thought I was being disrespectful about and I'd be glad to clear things up.

-Van

Didn't mean to come off as condemning or rude. You have to realize, while I'm a nice guy, I'm also fiercely blunt most of the time, and that is often seen as rude and crude. I just see it as telling the truth. ::Shrug::

Van

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vanaze @ Feb. 16 2004,2:34)]Please show me what you thought I was being disrespectful about and I'd be glad to clear things up.
"I've been told to not shoot off my mouth or make assumptions simply to go against others, perhaps you all should review information and do the same."

"I've been told to not shoot off my mouth or make assumptions simply to go against others, perhaps you all should review information and do the same."

But, I understand that tone does not always transmit across the Internet and will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Back