Hackers out in full

If ya ain't got, ya ain't got it, do not feel pressured, silver and gold come in time. When ya get above 15 you will be surprised how fast it multiplies, especially if ya pick up everything, and ya keep selling junk and unrelated to profession. Also the rewards for higher level events and hearts gets real nice. Not to mention Black Lion is finally starting to work again, even I can make a little on Black Lion. Just don't feel pressured.

What would the money on the "Guild Tax" be for? I am fully against any sort of forced tax to be in a guild and will likely leave if one is implemented, by the way.

Thanks for all the discussion. I didn't so much as need an answer as wanted to open the talk. What is valuable to one person is junk to another.

As far as tax goes, money goes quickly on a new toon but I hope not to be broke for ever. I never mind helping the guild out but on the other hand don't plan on pvping so kind of feel like I would be funding your fun instead of mine.

Queen Kel

What would the money on the "Guild Tax" be for? I am fully against any sort of forced tax to be in a guild and will likely leave if one is implemented, by the way.

I am so confused what is a Guild tax? I seriously have no clue what this means. I totally could see myself leaving as well.

If that is a problem what could be thought about as an alternate is if someone wants to donate an item and there is no room for it, possibly sell it instead and donated the proceeds. PvP is not the only place needing guild funds, dungeons could get expensive as far as consumables also. Or area clears. And I now have a mule waiting in LA to hold crafting supplies and mats for the guild, meet a Charr named Snookums who has agreed to serve quartermaster duties. The main idea is to pull together as a guild for the big events. There is absolutely nothing firmly decided yet, we are looking at possibilities in funding events and prizes. And have absolutely no idea of attempting to enforce a donation to the GB, no matter what you would call it.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ursen, for the replies, as well as being open to discussing things.

I know (even fake) money is a touchy subject for everyone. I also know it's very hard to convey emotional content in text, so I want to make very clear that I'm asking questions because I'm new to a lot of this, and just giving my 2 cents for the sake of discussion and feedback. Not freaking out at all. :D

I think, as you and the other officers discuss things, the more you can spell out details on what you're thinking, the easier it will be to discuss things. I appreciate your responses.

Last edited:
Maybe the word "tax" is a rough way to put it. We are trying to find a way to build up guild funds for future guild events. It is not a requirement and we are just tossing around ideas. We are only a couple of weeks into this and still trying to figure things out so if you would have patience with us and if you have an issue please don't leave the guild but feel free to pm one of us and share what is bugging you about things going on. This is an ongoing process and we still have alot to learn, I would hate to lose anyone over anything in the guild .

Maybe the word "tax" is a rough way to put it. We are trying to find a way to build up guild funds for future guild events.

I don't see any other way to put it if it's an, as previously suggested, per week fee for people over a certain level. There is already a major advantage to having people in the guild built into the game itself: Influence. The influence reward on events increases as the number of guild members in the same event increases.

For dungeons, consumables aren't quite the same expense as they were in Guild Wars 1, and armour repairs aren't all that expensive so players should be able to repair their own armour since, if people could afford 10 silver a week they can probably also afford a similar amount on every 7th death. (there is no reason to repair armour until it is actually broken)

The only sort of guild events I can think of requiring a large sum of money would be ones which involve giving out prizes. I have absolutely no problems with donating or giving away an exotic weapon I can't actually use, but as soon as something becomes mandatory then I want no part of it.

Just an update on the "tax" thing - that idea got canned, or at least shelved until such a time later that there is some clear need for resources and a distinct lack of meeting it.

Ursen just wanted to see how patriotic you guys are; you passed.

I just plain don't understand the 'things' required for dungeons etc that he was referring to that we'll 'need'.

Is the money going to be given to each participant and then traded for gems to get armor fixers since they're account bound? I really would like to see a list of exactly what is needed and how it would be acquired (using only guild tax).

I though we use influence to gain banners, exp boosters w/e for guild and for WvW? How is any tax money going to be different?

I'm not being rude, I just am blind and wondering. And if we can't talk about this in the open, what good will it be when someone else asks with no answers posted.

Do guild upgrades cost coin as well as influence? Or are guild funds for buying more consumables if there aren't enough in the bank?

This guild thing is kind of new to me.

Guild upgrades only cost influence. (Influence is purchasable with coin, however we have been above 30k influence since launch)

I just want to say really quick that the word "tax" that's being thrown around is in no way a tithe or membership requirement. You membership in LoE is not and never will revolve any sort of tax or tithe system. It doesn't seem that that has been confused yet, but I just want to nip it in the bud if some people are lurking and getting nervous about the idea.

Kyrel we have gone into a data gathering phase in order to specifically target possible needs and expenses. It is still too early in the game to know how the guild needs will work out, and what purposes the guild bank should be put to. In the meantime we will let cash accrue at a slow rate, and target two main areas 1. What is good for the guild? and 2. Accountability. This is the reason we are working to develop a means to track what goes in, and what comes out. We do not want anyone confused or uncertain about where GB funds are going. Which takes us back to the data collection phase, and I hope to have input from guild members as well as officers on potential needs.

~Back to the original topic~
I got an email really early this morning from Anet, about authorizing an IP to access my account.. IP address was from Canada. Immediately logged into my account and changed the password..

I was using one of my main email addresses, but a unique password, and was getting those "someone tried to reset your password" emails every day or so.

I've since created a unique email address that is only for my GW2 login, and haven't gotten any of those emails. I totally recommend a unique email as well as unique password.

Those sneaky Canadian hackers. Kind of funny...if they don't have access to your email, why bother?

Those sneaky Canadian hackers. Kind of funny...if they don't have access to your email, why bother?

Agreed. They don't have access to my email. They prolly got a list somewhere and where just trying to get in. I just didnt want to get a bunch of bogus authentication emails every day.. :)

Back