Hacked.

FiremanThul

Two weeks ago I lost my authenticator, today I logged in and caught them in the act.

Unfortunately they had already sold off all my gear (even my bags lol?) and deleted several toons including Stubbedtoe. The more concerning thing to me is where they got this password from. I don't view questionable websites on this computer, AVG runs constantly and has never detected an issue, I just can't figure it out.

Oh well, I have changed my password and added my droid as an authenticator. I'll be back in a few hours when they fix it.

Two weeks ago I lost my authenticator, today I logged in and caught them in the act.

Unfortunately they had already sold off all my gear (even my bags lol?) and deleted several toons including Stubbedtoe. The more concerning thing to me is where they got this password from. I don't view questionable websites on this computer, AVG runs constantly and has never detected an issue, I just can't figure it out.

Oh well, I have changed my password and added my droid as an authenticator. I'll be back in a few hours when they fix it.
NO A/V is going to ctach everything..especially if you are using IE. I bet your system is rootkitted...you aren't going to be able to reliably clean the system. I would consider backing up your data and reformatting and reloading. Use chrome after that..

wow addons

recount
auctioneer (briefly)
bagnon
atlasloot
grid
clique
smartdebuff
xperl unitframes

I use firefox almost exclusively, I rarely use I.E. when school lessons are incompatible with firefox..

There is actually a nasty rumor that Blizzard is getting hacked not individual accounts....

I would bet that Blizzard's information is pretty secure. But yeah, there are definitely ways into your system that could even bypass a savvy user. Also, I doubt it's a program on your computer that's doing the work; I suspect that there's some kind of packet sniffer that sifting through the data and picking out what it wants.

Running with a minimal amount of addons and having an authenticator is FTW, imo.

Additionally, Chrome is FTW... its even better than Firefox.

I actually ran a whole slew of addons back in the day and none of them caused my account to get hacked and I had no authenticator.

The one time I did get hacked was from my own stupidity on the internets.

Get a Mac.

I second that. :D

But something to consider is a password that combines symbols (shift key numbers), numbers, and letters (capital and lower case). I understand that makes it difficult to both hack and for key loggers to work.

One of my accounts got hacked when no one was playing it and it had been dormant for 1.5 years....

Blizzard is at fault...

You just don't like Blizzard, do you!

I think they are doing better...

But, I don't like companies that say, "It's not our fault" or say nothing. Blizzard has a long history of issues they don't talk about or "stealth updates".

I am your customer. Tell me what is going on please.

I am 100% positive that my accounts did not get hacked on my side. Yet, they still say it is key loggers and people hacking my stuff. Please....

When all your passwords are "meat" "texas" and "longhorn" you're not too hard to hack...

If your concerned with security, and really want a safe WoW box, and if your using ATI or Nvidia graphics card's. I really recommend taking the time to set up a Linux partition, and running WoW there. You loose a few of the fancy graphic settings, but security is really amazing.

It seems like alot of work, but I've found, running most of my personal systems on Linux, some distro's like Ubuntu or Suse, are much more user friendly then Window's or even Mac.

Back