Hacked!

PraiseH_BlessH

Hey everyone.
I just wanted to let you guys know that last night, August 24th, my gw account was hacked. It was nothing serious...whoever hacked it made off with 250k, most of my crafting materials, and some leet kurz armor. Strangely, there were 60 ecto left in the inventory of my warrior...and I never previously had ectos.
I changed the password, and notified gw support about it. About an hour ago, I downloaded Lavasoft's Ad-ware, which is an anti-spyware program. After doing a full system scan, it revealed that I had one "trojan malware" and one "trojan spyware" virus snooping around my pc. The spyware virus was titled "PWS Online Games," and lavasoft says that it records your keystrokes, hacks your gaming accounts, and steals your stuff. Quite accurate.
I just wanted to let you guys know, so you can watch out for that evil virus. Evil begone!!! Meet the iron fist of my computer quarantine!!!

I would also recommend periodically running Anti-Malware from malwarebytes.org. I like it much better than Ad-Aware or Spybot Search & Destroy.

I read somewhere else where someone's account was hacked and a bunch of Ectos were left behind.

NC soft has been giving me a lot of obvious advice about not getting it hacked. Anyway, they've disabled my gw account because they detected that it was "accessed by an unauthorized individual." ncsoft said their records show someone from china did it...
So I won't be online any time soon =/

Speaker, I hope things get cleared up soon, we miss you! I am thankful that they didn't cause havoc in the guild by kicking everyone, as happened to Toastr.

I downloaded the anti-malware that Aleron suggested and it only found 1 thing connected to my anti-virus, all clear of any game hacking at least. I hope we all check our machines on a regular basis from now on.

Did they say if they disabled it on a temporary basis or....? Man, hope it gets straightened out soon!

Good news- I got in contact with nc soft again and had them un-block my account. I'm back on...and it's a good thing that hacker didn't take any of the z-key prizes :D

That seems odd that he didn't take those Zkeys. And he left 60 ecto. While he did take your armor, sup vigor rune, and 250k he left you roughly the same amount in ectos. If ectos are 5k each, he actually left you 300k. So yea its a pain, but you actually made out pretty well for getting hacked. I'm sure LOTS of people who have gotten hacked would have LOVED to be hacked like you did :p

Bad news.

It seems that my measures to secure my computer have been unsuccessful. Apparently, after I logged off last night, my account was hacked AGAIN. This time, the hacker took everything, and wiped me clean of all armor, valuable items, and gold. About 1200k worth, total. I will be unable to do any playing for the next week or so, due to the fact that I don't really have anything to play with. NCsoft is also going to disable my account again, so I can get this figured out. Unfortunately, this means that the Daily Bible Challenge will be suspended indefinitely, until I can rebuild it.

Good luck to you guys!

Lol.
Rest assured, it is me. Arenanet opened up access, and I took all the measures possible to secure my computer. And yes, I did change my password.
Due to my absence for the past two weeks, I will be resuming daily Bible challenges (two per day, for compensation) as soon as I gather the funds to do so.
Thanks for your patience.

Back