HA Build Concept: Necro Hex Spikers

dorkelf

HA Build Concept: Mesmer Hex Spikers

Here's a build I'd like to try sometime, and I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

[I made this with Necros first, without taking into account cast times. I switched to Mesmers to get Fast Casting and made several build changes.]

Mesmer/Necro Caller 1 (Domination Anti-Caster)- Mantra of Signets, Suffering, Signet of Suffering, Shatter Delusions, Soul Barbs, Backfire, Signet of Disruption, Res. 12 Curses, 12 Domination Magic, 14 Fast Casting (Major Rune)

Mesmer/Necro Caller 2 (Domination Anti-Caster)- Mantra of Signets, Vocal Minority, Signet of Suffering, Shatter Delusions, Soul Barbs, Backfire, Signet of Disruption, Res. 12 Curses, 12 Domination Magic, 14 Fast Casting (Major Rune)

Mesmer/Necro Anti-Melee 1- Mantra of Signets, Reckless Haste, Signet of Suffering, Shatter Delusions, Shadow of Fear, Signet of Disruption, Res. 12 Curses, 12 Domination Magic, 14 Fast Casting (Major Rune)

Mesmer/Necro Anti-Melee 2- Mantra of Signets, Faintheartedness, Signet of Suffering, Shatter Delusions, Shadow of Fear, Signet of Disruption, Res. 12 Curses, 12 Domination Magic, 14 Fast Casting (Major Rune)

Necro Prep 1 - Lingering Curse (Elite), Insidious Parasite, Malign Intervention, Summon Bone Horror, Verata's Gaze, Verata's Sacrifice, Taste of Death, Res Sig. 12 Curses, 16 Death Magic, remainder in Soul Reaping.

Deadly Arts Assassin 1 w/ Iron Palm (touch skill, knocks down hexed target)

Monk 1 - WOH/Heal Party

Monk 2 - RC/Prot

Description

Each spike has four parts - Caller calls Target, then 'Mantra' where all Mantra of sigs are activated, then 'Prep - 3,2,1' where LC Necro preps target with Lingering Curse and Malign Intervention while the caller preps the target with Soul Barbs. On "SPIKE SPIKE SPIKE SPIKE" All Necros cast skill 2 on target, followed by Signet of Suffering 2 times (thanks to mantra), followed by Shatter Delusions.

Here's an estimation of total spike damage:
Soul Barbs damage: 30 damage per enchantment or hex cast = 150 damage
Signet of Suffering damage: 29 damage per hex = 140 damage (this is max) X 4 spikers = 560 damage X 2 spikes = 1120 damage
Shatter Delusions damage: 63 damage per hex removed = 365 damage

Total damage for spike: 1635

Total time for spike: After prep with Lingering Curse (2 second cast time, but doesn't kill the spike if interrupted), Hexes are 1/2 second cast with FC, each Sig of Suffering is approx 1 second, Shatter Delusions is like 1/4 of a second, so total spike after prep is about 3 seconds.

During non-spike gameplay, Caller 1 and 2 disrupt casters with Backfire and Signet of Disruption, Anti-Melee 1 and 2 use Shadow of Fear and Faintheartedness to disrupt opposing melee, and LC necro uses Malign Intervention and Summon Bone Horror to make minions. Verata's Gaze neutralizes opposing Flesh Golems and converts Malign Interventioned minions into allies.

This build can deliver a hefty spike, and once a few minions are in play it can switch from spiking to deadlocking opposing casters and melee while the assasin and minions clean house.

Hex removal kills this build, so any anti-hex monks should be the first targets for the spike.

Paul

Last edited:
Hex removal kills this build, so any anti-hex monks should be the first targets for the spike.

Paul

And theres not too many of those in HA. Sounds like fun. I could play a necro or the monk, whenever we do this i think i would like to try out a necro.

oh I thought I posted in here :(. It looks fun!! I am in sadly looks like I am out this Friday a friend from the Army is back home and a bunch of us are hoping to hang out with him Friday night .

mesmer/hex build

I like it. I can be anything. Obviously I am used to the RC prot, and like it, but if anyone else wants it, I can roll whatever. I cannot however, be there Friday night as I have a Sunday school activity. Maybe late Friday night. We'll see.

John

Caro Baro - monk
Iam Still Is - ranger
Arbitro Houston - warrior

Last edited:
Gah.. sorry guys. I tried to get on but the parents took me out for a Costco run.. so i didnt get back until... right about now. I'll try and make it for tuesday. I hope you guys got lots of fame! (well... not really... i want some :p j/k)

God Bless guys, sorry i missed you.

Back