GW2 Start Time

Abba San

Legacy of Elijah [LoE] - Proud Grandfather
Did anyone notice the little line in this posting that says
However, please note that in order to ensure that we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior. If you’re a player committed to getting in first to grab that character name of your dreams you’ll want to be keeping an eye on things during that time period.

That means we should probably start watching at 9:00pm Pacific on the 24th - doesn't it?

Head head start!!

Good to know to clear my Friday evening.

Oh well I guess my experiment in sleep deprivation will just have to start early.

Hm, my wife seemed surprisingly calm about the idea of me getting up at 3am to try and reserve names.

Wonder how she'll react to the idea of me going to bed right after work on Friday so I can get up at midnight and start spamming the "play" button.

Hm, my wife seemed surprisingly calm about the idea of me getting up at 3am to try and reserve names.

Wonder how she'll react to the idea of me going to bed right after work on Friday so I can get up at midnight and start spamming the "play" button.

Heh, you miss 100% of the shots you dont take ;)

I have, in the interest of self preservation, quit giving my better half constant updates on what to expect. I'll just wait until the last minute and tell her I am staying up with her tonight.

I have, in the interest of self preservation, quit giving my better half constant updates on what to expect. I'll just wait until the last minute and tell her I am staying up with her tonight.

I'm with you there, my wife would now rather hear me talk about my motorcycles than hear any more about GW2, for my wife that's saying something.

FYI

In Guild Wars, the period of “suspension” for a name — that is, the time it’s bound to your account and cannot be used by anyone else — is about 24 hours.
UPDATE: Confirmed with our Excellent Server Team Leader: We will have the same system in Guild Wars 2. There is a 24-hour “cool down” period before a deleted character’s name is generally available. This gives you time to build a new character and still use the same name.

I'm with you there, my wife would now rather hear me talk about my motorcycles than hear any more about GW2, for my wife that's saying something.

I have such great role models to look up to for when I start dating and contemplating matrimony!

I have such great role models to look up to for when I start dating and contemplating matrimony!

lol

Relationships, they're all about negotiation. :D

My wife and I actually got to know each other playing pnp rpgs, so she's got just enough geek in her that she actually listens to me talk about GW2 with some interest. She has spent time watching me play during some of the BWEs. Giving me suggestions during character creation seems to be her favorite part.

She is, however, aware that people get addicted to games, and MMORPGs notoriously so. She's watchful for signs of obsessive behavior, for which I am grateful.

lol

Relationships, they're all about negotiation. :D

My wife and I actually got to know each other playing pnp rpgs, so she's got just enough geek in her that she actually listens to me talk about GW2 with some interest. She has spent time watching me play during some of the BWEs. Giving me suggestions during character creation seems to be her favorite part.

She is, however, aware that people get addicted to games, and MMORPGs notoriously so. She's watchful for signs of obsessive behavior, for which I am grateful.

She wouldn't happen to have a younger sister.. niece.. cousin.. would she?? :p

I didn't say she has no interest in GW or GW2, she has helped me mess with character creator, and has had good suggestions for names, and makes a good sounding board for names. But has no essential geek in her, even though she is fair to middling with a comp. Imagine a girl friend or wife going on endlessly about new hair styles and fashion accessories:eek:, same pain I would cause her going on forever about GW2, hence I won't do it. I did explain the name of Shamgar's character Fuzzy Bookah, she was amused in a crazy/cute way. So yes an excellent role model thank you.:p

Last edited:

Lol i know right! I was thinking the same thing....be as how im only 17...heh, thanks guys for your wonderful mentoring of our young minds....haha

lol - when I came to this church you and Stc were not even born yet...geez - I'm old or y'all are young

Back