GW2 Guild Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...are we having one GW2 guild that incorporates all the GW guilds? There won't be an alliance of guilds? There are no size limits to the GW2 guilds?

Well it seems there is no alliance in GW2, just guilds that you can join with different chars IF you want to be in more than one. You can only use 1 bonus if your in multiple guilds at one time.

All the allies in SoE right now with the exception of WWJD, plan to join (with at least 1 char) as one super guild in GW 2.

Guilds are account based, not character as I understand it. You can join as many guilds as you want with 1 char and every char on your account is in them.

Now, that is a twist. So my primary character can be in more than one guild at the same time? That is different.

Your primary is in the same guilds that all your other characters are, there is no way not to have ALL your toons in every guild. In the interface you can pick which one of your many guilds you want to "rep". While you rep that guild you get to see only their chat and you earn XP for them only. You can only rep 1 guild at a time but you can switch which guild you are repping almost instantly.

So I assume that if a big event is going on, people will bounce from guild chat to guild chat throwing out an announcement. Sounds fun, confusing and possibly annoying all at once.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild
Guilds are formal groupings of players. Guilds will be available to players from near the start of the game, will not be racially-exclusive, and you may join as many guilds as you would like per account. When a character logs in, it will be able to choose which guild it would like to represent. A character can also switch which guild they are currently representing through the interface without having to log out, but they can only gain influence for the guild that they currently represent.[2] While representing that guild you will appear active on the guild roster and have access to the guild chat. Guild membership will also allow greater out-of-group interactivity, with guild members being easily located on a map, current activities visible on the guild roster, and other ways to keep track of fellow guildmates.[3]
Guilds will be able to work towards guild achievements. As guild members do things together in the world, they earn influence. Guilds are able to spend influence on many things such as guild storage, a calendar, and experience flags. Guilds are also able to claim a keep in WvW. They will be able to fly their guild flag from the keep and use influence to upgrade their keep, fortifying it against attacks. [4]
Out-of-game support for guilds will be also be implemented, with a guild calendar allowing guilds to coordinate events across timezones, guild chat accessible from web browsers, and smartphone apps that will be available for free. [5]

Alright, those of you advocating a new name for the guild, please clearly articulate your reasonings for such and your top... two suggestions thus far. Just for kicks.

Those wishing to keep the name Spirit of Elijah, how far are you willing to deviate from it? Legacy of Elijah close enough? Would some other variation be acceptable? Top two suggestions too. :)

Spring break is coming up for me next week so I will hopefully have some downtime, God knows I need it, so I am planning on praying and talking with God about the future name of our guild in a few days. Questions, concerns, objections are welcome.

Top two - in order of preference:

1. Spirit of Elijah
2. Legacy of Elijah

Top two - in order of preference:
1. Spirit of Elijah
2. Legacy of Elijah

1.) Saints of Elyon
2.) Legacy of Elijah

#1 is neat because it is an actual name for God from the Bible, but could probably pass the naming filters with ease. Many Christian fantasy authors like Randy Alcorn and L.B.Graham have used the name in their works, making it even more cool for a fantasy game use. The Bible refers to us as Saints in many places and it is neat to think of ourselves that way. Also it gives the tag <SoE> which keeps our legacy of Spirit of Elisha intact.

#2 is neat because it speaks to our legacy but it is new.

I think the Spirit of Elijah is down on my list because GW2 is an entirely new game and we need a new name for a new guild with new forums since we will have tons of new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back