Guild Wars Screenshots!

Sorry if these are a bit big, but they're cool. :D These were taken before the most recent patch by the way.
gw027.jpg

gw028UW.jpg

I extended an offer to the World of Warcraft chapter today for a gallery under the Tribe of Judah section of the Christian Gamers Alliance galleries. I'm extending the offer to the Guild Wars chapter as well.

If someone is interested in managing such a gallery and WildBill approves it, create an account on the CGA web site (separate from the forums and ToJ site) and send me an e-mail at tek7 AT toj DOT cc with your username and I'll set you up.

Tek7 said:
I extended an offer to the World of Warcraft chapter today for a gallery under the Tribe of Judah section of the Christian Gamers Alliance galleries. I'm extending the offer to the Guild Wars chapter as well.

If someone is interested in managing such a gallery and WildBill approves it, create an account on the CGA web site (separate from the forums and ToJ site) and send me an e-mail at tek7 AT toj DOT cc with your username and I'll set you up.

This is a great idea and I think we should move on it. I would be happy to manage if help is needed. Although....I think a better option would be if we started a Flickr group for SoE. Flickr is such a fantastic free site with the ability to comment on each picture and add notes. Its clean, robust, and very 1337. The way groups are handled is very cool as well. Everyone has their own Flickr site with their own screenshots, but you can add them to the group pool.

Eventually, as we work on an improved web presense for SoE we could easily have the site pull the latest or random pics from the Flickr group as desired.

Anyways, let me know if anyone else thinks this is a good idea.

http://www.flickr.com/

ewoksrule said:
Although....I think a better option would be if we started a Flickr group for SoE. Flickr is such a fantastic free site with the ability to comment on each picture and add notes.
While Flickr does offer several excellent features, I'd discourage its use for two reasons: (1) It was recently purchased by Yahoo and will be ruined soon. Click here for a list of services and software Yahoo has already ruined. (2) Gallery, the module used to host the photo and video galleries on the Christian Gamers Alliance site, has most, if not all, of the features you listed. Click here for a list of Gallery features. Gallery's ease of uploading and RSS feed option are especially noteworthy.

Last edited:
I approve it. Wholeheartedly.

I need a spot to dump some photos, and I have not wanted to just use imageshack or one of the other free services without knowing the pros and cons. This will work great for our GW photos.

Does the site you're looking at have admin capabilities (i.e. removing photos/comments)?

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
Does the site you're looking at have admin capabilities (i.e. removing photos/comments)?
Hm? Was your question addressed to me or ewoksrule? If you were asking me about Gallery, then yes, it's possible (and easy) for gallery admins to delete photos and comments.

Hey Quantum Man, I just noticed your characters names have "Quantum" in them. Quantumm Man, Quantum Mann, and Quantum Healer. Well, even if I sound teasing they're kinda cool names. ;)

Ohh cool, I have installed/managed/used gallery for years on my home site...(until I moved to Flickr, heh heh..heres hoping Yahoo doesn't ruin it) So yeah, lets get a spot on the gallery site and start some serious screen shotting.

Back