Guild Wars Screenshots!

The catacombs have several interesting areas, unfortunately no way to really map them since while in the catacombs you are wandering "blindly" without the map function showing where you are. I spent a great deal of time down there one night and found many areas that I hadn't found the first few times I wandered in to do quests.

Wow.
Guys, I committed to WoW back in april, but I simply must come out and say that these screenies look beautiful, especially after staring at WoW models for hours. Are the system specs higher for GW? I think I may have to pick this up just for the sake of owning a cool, and serious-looking character.

Mr_Slice said:
That is awesome looking. Where is it and how do you get there?

It's actually easy to get to. Go to Ashford Abbey, enter the catacombs and take an immediate right. Go around BEHIND the room with the collector and there will be gargoyles down there. Follow the path around and you will eventually get there.

SlavidZee said:
Wow.
Guys, I committed to WoW back in april, but I simply must come out and say that these screenies look beautiful, especially after staring at WoW models for hours. Are the system specs higher for GW? I think I may have to pick this up just for the sake of owning a cool, and serious-looking character.
Here are the GW Recommended requirements
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, Intel Pentium III 1Ghz or equivalent, 512 MB RAM-CD-ROM Drive, 2 GB Available HDD Space, ATI Radeon 9000 or GeForce 4 Ti Series Video Card with 64 MB of VRAM, 16-bit sounds card, Internet connection, Keyboard and mouse.

New Armor Pics

Pastori called us over to the Guild Hall to check out his new GOLD armor. I thought it looked pretty sweet!
guildpic.jpg

Pastori called us over to the Guild Hall to check out his new GOLD armor. I thought it looked pretty sweet!

:D

My "copper" armor has been a running joke for a couple of nights now, but I think I'm going to let it die. Also, I like the red dye on Basp's Gladiator's armor, but then I saw someone with a crimson color on theirs. It almost made me want to go back to Droknar's, grab the armor and figure out how to make that color. Maybe after a few more Fissure runs I'll have enough gold to do that.

Any idea when Eles finally get decent looking armor? All the stuff in Yak's Bend is identical to Ascalon. (Yuck.)

WildBill, when I get home I can send you (or post) a link to a color chart that shows what color you get for all different mixtures. Helps a lot and saves you from wasting time and gold experimenting.

gw006_01.bmp

gw007_01.bmp

Above is my new Druid's armor. I'm saving a Purple/Red mix for my final armor, but I wanted to do something in the meantime. Not only was orange cheap, it actually fit pretty well into the earthy design and look of the Druid's armor. Also, the bow is purple, just because. :D

Last edited:
[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
Any idea when Eles finally get decent looking armor? All the stuff in Yak's Bend is identical to Ascalon. (Yuck.)
Are you talking about regular Ele armor or a specific one like Pyromancer? I've used Pyromancer armor through the entire game and I don't think the look of it ever changed. However, the armor at Marhan's Grotto that costs 15k per piece looks a little bit different in that the areas that your dyes go on are different. The Ele armors in the Fissure of Woe look pretty menacing but they are pretty much unattainable unless you have absolutely no responsibilities and can play 16 hours a day because they require not only 15k per piece but also a ton of obsidian shards and ectoplasm which are very rare and only drop in the Underworld and Fissure. To see some of the different high-level sets of armor, visit this forum thread.

Mr_Slice said:
WildBill, when I get home I can send you (or post) a link to a color chart that shows what color you get for all different mixtures. Helps a lot and saves you from wasting time and gold experimenting.
Here's a link to the color chart for dye mixing. It can be a little deceiving though because the same dye colors look different on different types of armor material. For instance, blue won't look the same on leather armor as it does on metal or cloth armor. Really the only way to get the color you are looking for is to experiment. The dye chart at least gives you an idea though.

Last edited:
I just can't get myself to have my character run around in that druid armor... I am waiting and doing the druid as fissure instead :p

ewoksrule, that is the best (in my opinion) female monk armor in the game! I love the design and the leafs. Its great that a number of us are getting 15k!

I was going to post a picture, but it didn't work right... would someone be so kind as to tell me how to do it?

You need to have some kinda of picture hosting first. In my case, I used a FTP program to upload the picture to my website. Then I used the "add image" button that is available when you post with the "advanced" options on. I entered the address to the picture and voilà, it appears.

If you want me to host any pictures, email me the pic and I will email you back the link.

Click here to email me.

Last edited:
Slice... Lana's armor cost 15k? For 60k altogether, the crafter really should have used some of that expensive material... looks like they only used about 10% of what they asked for. ;)

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
Slice... Lana's armor cost 15k? For 60k altogether, the crafter really should have used some of that expensive material... looks like they only used about 10% of what they asked for. ;)

I know! But this so much better than the other stuff. The extra energy really helps out. I can spam like crazy with 13 in Expertise. And the armor does look good. Very easy on the eyes. Haha.

Back