Guild Wars:Repairing data archive

I attempted to apply a dye to a certian weapon that i have never seen dyed before. Before the dye preview came up my game froze (at about 6:52 Central time) and my computer making the ocasional clicking and whirrling sound. I had audio but no picture movements, or chat. I thought it was lag at first but after a few minutes i just hit the X in the upper-left corner of the screen. The program didn't close after 3-5 mins I brought up the task manager. It didn't say the program was running and i started run it back up. I logged on and my warrior apeared like a gaint tall stop-sign shaped white 2D object. I took a screen and exitied after 30 seconds or so by hitting the X (should have tryed to log out...:D). When i hit the GW icon to start up the program i get the regualr Guild Wars box that shows it's connecting. The only difference is that there is no red bar showing that it's connecting. Instead there is a type that reads "Repairing data archive" with a small black bar below it. My question is:
Anyone else have this problem?

We've had it happen. Usually it's when we've left guild wars running (but us logged out) and the computer goes to sleep because the battery dies on the laptop. The next time we run it...data archive.

Happens all the time, don't worry, it'll probably be just fine. If it doesn't work after the repair, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall but you probably won't have to.

happens to me abut everyday, very annoying. i am just glad its not only me (im not glad it is happening to you but i am glad its maybe not a problem with my computer). that exact sequence of events happens to me. idk what to tell you though, i usually let it do its thing.
Joey.

I'm curious about how the weapon looked - I've never even thought about dying a weapon.

We'll have to be on the same team sometime so I can see it - unless you have a screen shot you can post.

Back