Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase Announced

Isn't the rumor for Diablo 3 release April 15th?

I am not going to have the cash to do everything I want.

Anet already said that Amazon does not count as a pre-purchase, which also means it will not include any pre-purchase bonuses.

Now, on to a discussion: What the HECK is up with the really POOR bonuses for the higher tiers??? I mean, almost everything is temporary, outside of the physical bonuses for the CE. Why would I pay $20 extra for bonuses that may not make it out of the first week?

I think that is simply in line with the Anet practice of not selling in game advantage for real money. They have traditionally tried to keep that to a minimum, many game developers make a lot of money from that, and Anet has tried not to be one of them. Most of what is offered in the Deluxe and CE for the game only gives a boost during the first critical part of the learning curve, after that you should have enough knowledge to make it on your own. The one exception is the Hero's Circlet, and that may be less of a deciding factor in play further down the pike.

I think the Elite would be the big factor. I assume it will stink. If it was awesome then everyone would feel like they had to pay $20 for it to be competitive. It will probably only be good till you get your first other Elite to replace it, not sure what that level is, and then as a cosmetic thing. (the summoned wolf)

i would still pre-order :D

i also wont pay full price knowing that it will be $20-$30 in a few months

I want to give Arena Net all the money I can, they deserve it! and I want the beta weekends and 3 day headstart :)

Waiting months to save $20?!?!? Heresy!

Last edited:
Back