Guild Wars 2 in the months ahead

good to see they are working on the culling issue, I wish they mentioned something about the economy and rampant exploits.

Nice. I saw the video pop up in my YouTube sub box, but I didn't know these details. Still not enough yet though to pull me back in yet from my Steam winter sale loot :D Maybe soon, though.

What is culling? I know what the word means, but not how it applies to GW2 and WvW.

Last edited:
In short, culling = invisible players.

What's essentially happening is that the game engine is limiting how fast you can see new player objects in the game. This is done to reduce bandwidth/CPU load on both clients and the server. Running around LA this is fine because you slowly load in a few at a time...most of the time it isn't even noticable except for when you run into the TP or some other area with a high concentration of players. No big deal.

In WvW, though, it's a very big deal. You can be in there with a party of 5 and see another party of 5 coming towards you. A ha! This looks like a good fight! ...then 50 more people appear out of nowhere.

The whole, getting exotics at 80, then just um, looking pretty=why? I have fun running dungeons with guildies, but there isn't a whole big reason for me to keep playing instead of a newer game xD. The combat is fun, but I prefer LoL over WvW or Spvp...

The whole, getting exotics at 80, then just um, looking pretty=why? I have fun running dungeons with guildies, but there isn't a whole big reason for me to keep playing instead of a newer game xD. The combat is fun, but I prefer LoL over WvW or Spvp...

It's just a GW philosophy. The only real alternative I could think of is a treadmill where in order to do CM you needed AC gear, and in order to do TA you needed CM gear, etc. Now, not to be contrary, but I feel there is plenty of reason to play. Dungeons, like you mentioned, aren't just about the gear...it's about doing them.

What's different about LoL or any other game? (serious question, don't play LoL)

Alf does that mean ya has mapped the whole world including WvW areas, done all Dungeons in story mode, explorable mode (all paths), have all achievements, and still are bored? How many hours a day do ya play? If ya have all of that ya gotsa have enuf loot to buy character slots to roll one of each class and run them all through everything once. I play on the average 4-5 hrs a day and still have not come close to all of that. Of course I is jus' a lil' ol' permanoob.

I have sever ADHD, and when the only endgame=running other dungeons for the sake of running them, or purely leveling alts (which can be fun) I don't understand the appeal, and I don't want to progress from dungeon to dungeon, I want to progress from dungeons to something more... I love GW2, the content is all 100% quality, my only complaint is the reason to play after choosing "your character" and then gearing him/her out seems to be only for the appeal of "looking good".

Back