Guild Wars 2 Chapter

jackie-chan-wtf.png

http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137

I see a GW chapter talking aboutn GW2... but I personally think it would be cleaner and easier to have serperate chapters/guilds... Then people like me and many other do not have to pick through threads to find and plan the GW2 release, as many of us do not play GW.

There is a lot involved in planning for launch and little seems to be happening. I know there are a lot of poeple that are buying or have bought it, we should start planning now.

I want to be clear, the current leadership that is there can remain... Just think beings at it is a different game we should have a different forum.

I want to be clear, the current leadership that is there can remain... Just think beings at it is a different game we should have a different forum.

Thank you for clearing that up. I was about to ask you why you want to split the ToJ guild wars 2 players by having two separate guilds. I was seriously going to repost the jackie chan picture.

:p

I actually think it's fine as it is. As long as stickies get replaced and what not, I see no reason why they would switch sub-forums (as in a subforum of the ToJ parent).

Last edited:
Mordos - glad to hear you are going to join us in Guild Wars 2. GW2 is going to be an adventure for ToJ members. We have been waiting years for this. The game is going to draw many people who have not been part (or only marginally part) of GW. Actually, quite a bit of planning is going on.

Right now most of the Guild Wars threads are under the SoE/SOE Main forum. Numerous threads on GW2 there - check them out.

My guess is that once GW2 actually comes out and guilds can be formed and we have a name - there will be a new forum specifically for GW2 and the SoE/SOE Main will be for GW only.

Look forward to seeing you in-game.

Last edited:
Is the GW Chapter going to continue to exsist after GW2 comes up? If so isn't there a need to have a GW2 chapter?

Why not do sub forums, a GW and GW2 subforums... that way there is not any confusion as to what is GW and GW2 content. Makes complete sense as keep them seperate.

That is what I'm saying - there probably will be two separate forums. That is once GW2 is actually brought online and we can form guilds.

It looks like there will be one super guild for ToJ. Plans are in the works - statements of purpose - codes of conduct - all of that - are being developed right now. Those of us who have been playing GW for five or six years are working to make the transition smoothly and welcome new players.

The current chapter and forum will remain - because there will still be people playing GW. But, as you stated, it makes sense to have a separate chapter and forum for GW2.

The Forums will undergo changes within the next couple of weeks. The Guild Wars Chapter forum will remain, however like you suggested we will split into two subforums. One for the current Guild Wars guild, Spirit of Elijah, and another for Guild Wars 2. Both the original Guild Wars guild will continue to exist along with the new Guild Wars 2 guild that will be announced shortly.

That is an interesting question. I haven't heard of anyone, but now would surely be the time to ask. I'm curious if anyone else is interested.

Not from the GW1 SoE/SOE Alliance, as far as leading a GW2 guild.

There is only going to be one Guild Wars chapter, that will encompass both Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2, much like ToJ's StarCraft chapter. However, unlike StarCraft, there is the in-game guild component. As of right now there is only one ToJ led guild that is planning to operate in Guild Wars 2 - more details to be released soon. While I am open to having multiple ToJ-led guilds in GW2, the guild system in GW2 plays better with a larger amount of people in the guild, and I really only foresee problems with multiple ToJ led guilds.

There is only going to be one Guild Wars chapter, that will encompass both Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2, much like ToJ's StarCraft chapter...
I think most everyone would agree with that.
While I am open to having multiple ToJ-led guilds in GW2, the guild system in GW2 plays better with a larger amount of people in the guild, and I really only foresee problems with multiple ToJ led guilds.

The question was't implied that if a GW2 chapter leader arose that so too would a guild (though it is often expected of the CL), the Gator was asking if there was anyone that wanted to lead the front on Guild Wars 2. I myself would add that if there are two guild wars games, there needs to be two G.Wars C.Leaders, a pair of Co-leaders.
But you do bring up a good point, too many guilds from the CGA/TOJ members would only add confusion and maybe even a feud over which guild the players should be in. So best way to solve that is to have two guilds, one for hardcore players that play 14 hours p/day (a wow guild type) and a causal guild for those that just want to play in a clean environment with like minded people on their own terms.

..the guild system in GW2 plays better with a larger amount of people in the guild
Also if you think that, then we might as well find other Christian guilds and have a convergence into one strong guild. (Is the guild player cap 100 or are more allowed to join than that?)

Last edited:
I would want to lead (rather co-lead) a guild but until I know how my fall schedule plays out I'll wait.

So now we have 2 threads, besides the officer ones, that are discussing the potential new mega-guild for GW2. There is also one in the SOE,SoE forum. I can see why there are two because many ToJ members don't frequent the SOE/SoE, and visa versa. Maybe now is the time to start coordinating the two. Very good points are raised in both.
edit: needed to reread a little of Abba's post, mine is a simplified reiteration of his.

Last edited:
So now we have 2 threads, besides the officer ones, that are discussing the potential new mega-guild for GW2. There is also one in the SOE,SoE forum. I can see why there are two because many ToJ members don't frequent the SOE/SoE, and visa versa. Maybe now is the time to start coordinating the two. Very good points are raised in both.
edit: needed to reread a little of Abba's post, mine is a simplified reiteration of his.

I know STC is working on this so only take it as constructive suggestions.
I am not attempting to be a pain about this.

This is the very reason I was making suggestions on that forum about this.

However I am willing to go along with what you set up STC, I am trusting you on this but at this point the hype is getting to everyone we need to build this up now in my opinion (take it or leave it).

As always this is my suggestions nothing more.

I agree, we are losing valuable recruiting time. When you visit reddit & gw2guru you can find 100s of guilds already recruiting. There are Christians out there finding a home and getting connected with others that we missed out on. It is definitely time to start recruiting and get the forums made. People have already bought the game in full! Many are eschewing all other games as they pine for the new genre savior! Bring on ToJ GW2!

Hey, I just wanted to weigh in both as a current member of one of the Guild Wars guilds (and the in-game alliance) and as someone who has been previewing STC’s work:

1 – STC has been doing great work capturing the values and goals of the existing community, in preparation for a guild to continue in that spirit in Guild Wars 2. I don’t know exactly when all this is going to post, but it will be well before GW2 actually releases (and they start making guilds and permanent characters and whatnot).

2 – I’m all for having as many guilds as it takes to meet the needs of every Christian player in Guild Wars 2. However, I would strongly advocate waiting to see what the current community publishes first… and even how that shakes out once it launches.

3 – If at that time anyone had a differing and inconsistent set of goals and values (example: for people who are going to play 14 hours a day) then I support them drafting it and launching. But launch with a clear articulation of your distinction. Example: If it’s going to be a policy that Guild X members have to log 14 hours a day to stay members, because that makes it a better guild for you, great! If you just WANT to do that yourself, then just do that in the existing guild and have fun.

4 – If someone just wants to make their own guild because they just want to be in charge of it, they can do that in GW2 just fine as well. I don’t see that we need to give them their own forum for it though.

5 – As for leadership of the old GW vs new GW2, that should be an issue for the participating players to decide. If there’s a need to restructure leadership in old GW after GW2 launches, the remaining players can solve that problem among themselves.

Back