Guild Supply and Demand

Curmudgeon

I have looked briefly on the forums for this and didn't see a thread about this so I made one. Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes.
Ursen brought up a really good point the other day about crafting professions. He pointed out we may need guild cooks.
There are three professions that do not have to do with making armor or weapons for your personal class: jeweler, cook, and enchanter.
I thought if we could get a list of who is planning on doing what with their main toon we could A.) know who to get consumables from, B.) know who is going to need the gap filled in armor or weaponry and help them out, and C.) know who to send mats to, consumables tend to use these up fast as I'm sure everyone here already knows. Sorry for the big post.:eek: I'll start with my info below.

Last edited:
Well, since the current plan is to allow GW2 characters access to all the crafting professions, having only two "active" at a time, without losing recipes or levels in those crafting professions when you switch them, I'm planning on maxing out every crafting profession on all my characters.

Yeah, since we can have 2 crafting professions per character, and it looks like we can expect at least 5 characters... That's 10 possible per person even without switching. I imagine we will have it pretty well covered.

I'm looking forward to finding out if it will let us "trade recipes" so we can help each other advance in crafting.

Can you level your crafting beyond your level? If that's the case and you want to level up ten different professions I guess that's definitely an option. I personally would rather concentrate on my main, lacking a huge amount of time to play, with it's two active professions and then cooperate with others in the guild to fill the voids.

Last edited:
There are only 8 disciplines at the moment. Maxing one discipline should get you 10 character levels in experience.

I'm thinking Armorsmith as my first, Weaponsmith or Artificer as my second.

Last edited:
Yeah, i'm not quite sure how the "you gotta unlock recipes" thing is gonna work. Let's be realistic here. All the recipes will be up on wiki within a month (if they aren't already). Just print out the wiki page and go down the list.

And in case someone doesn't know, Anet has also said in one of their interviews a while back that they are making it possible for a character to level to 80 "just by crafting." If your other characters feed your crafter supplies, theoretically your crafter won't even need to leave Divinity's Reach (or wherever your base city is located) to level up to 80.

Just a thought...

I hope this doesn't sound too sissy... But I think Jeweler is going to be important because EVERYONE can wear the jewelry.

sounds pretty sissy to me...you really think there'll be big money in it?

Oh yeah i bet that will be a huge money maker for sure. I know talking to my buddy who plays wow it is a good money maker.

Yeah, i'm not quite sure how the "you gotta unlock recipes" thing is gonna work. Let's be realistic here. All the recipes will be up on wiki within a month (if they aren't already). Just print out the wiki page and go down the list.

The unlocking is actually pretty easy.

Take tailoring for example. The most straightforward way to discover new recipes is to make an insignia, then make two corresponding components (sandal sole and upper, for example), and combine the three components.

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to start with as a class. Hoping there is at least one more BWE so I can test out a little more.

No matter what class I start with, probably going to take a bag making skill to be able to make bags near the start. Then switch to whatever crafting would be best for the class I choose to start with.

sounds pretty sissy to me...you really think there'll be big money in it?

Contrary to popular belief, girls do exist in the internet, and girls like jewelry and have some sort of animal magnetism to it. At least as I understand it..

Its "Crow Syndrome"

Anytime they see something shiny or sparkles, they get distracted from what they were doing and immediately focus their attention on it. "Oooo... shinies" :p

Its "Crow Syndrome"

Anytime they see something shiny or sparkles, they get distracted from what they were doing and immediately focus their attention on it. "Oooo... shinies" :p

Sigh, not even worth coming up with a retort for. To may stupid girls have proved the theory but I also know plenty of stupid boys. I'll just leave it at "I'm a girl and Rho would be in big trouble if he brought me home diamonds."

Moving on

I am sure my family is going to be all about pve and if my pintrest page is anything to go by collecting and crafting are going to be high on our priority list. Ok maybe not for my youngest but he is going to be collecting while he joyously jumps around hitting things or he will find his game time dwindling. :eek:

Kel

Back