Guild Names

Avesther

Suggestions only: No debating names. Throw them all out there in the thread so they are in one place.

Bowser, could you mine the other thread for names already suggested an put them in here as well:

The Waterwalkers (Ref: Jesus and Peter walkin on the water)
The Furnace Dwellers (Ref: Shadrake, Meshak and Apendigo and Jesus in the furnace)
Conquerors of the Plagues (Ref: Moses leads Gods people out of Egypt, Revelation)
Fish and Bread Vendors (Ref: Jesus feeds the multitudes)
The Sandle Shakers (Ref: Jesus instructs the 12 to spread the Gospel of the Kingdom of God)
The Kings Messangers (Ref: The great commission)
The Watchful Servants (Ref: A teaching analogy of Jesus)

Couple things come to mind.
The Messengers (the good message)
The Choosen Tribe (Aludes to our own guild name, though this may be to Christian for bliz)
Fisher's of Men (Though this sounds a bit uh...)
Maybe just a single word like
redeemed
Glory
Joy
Grace

Light Bearers-as the wise men bore precious gifts, you guys do the same: the light of His Spirit, the light of His Word, and the very light of Jesus!

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Matthew 5:14

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

Wherefore is light given to him that is in misery, and life unto the bitter in soul; Job 3:20

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. Psalm 36:9

Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. Psalm 112:4

I still like faithfollowers because they cannot say what faith it is etc. But if asked then we can say the true faith of course. Just my opinion.
Blessings,"Angel"

or you can go with something more subtle than all these, pulling things from the Bible, but blizzard would be hard pressed to point and say that's a no-no

the Lord's Army
Children of the Promise
House of David
Order of Melchelzedik
The Bereans
Brethren of the Lord
The Elect

Agape
Tribe of Judah
Choose Joy
Defenders of the Faith
Carpenters Peons
Commissioned
The Ambassadors
Truthbringers
Lightbringers
The Chosen
The Red Letters
Fishers of Men
Faithfollowers
Followers of the Faith
The Lights Crusaders
The Disciples
Joshua’s Army

Light, Faith, Defender, Crusader, Divine, Divinity, Holy, Word, Disciple, Fisher, Bringer, Truth, Flame, Fire, David, Isaiah, Rock, Fortitude, Believers, Belief...etc (Please add to this list)

The name should be:
1) Creative, new, and fun.  “The Messenjahs” is something I’m looking forward to. It can be somewhat lighthearted and humorous.  Consider doing a search for current guilds to get an idea of what we can and cannot use.
2) Something that can identify us as Christians.
3) People must know what it means.  As such, it should not be an abbreviation like "ToJ", or based in another language.
4) It has to be name that can reflect all of our members.
5) The best name would be a perfect balance between many things.  It doesn’t necessarily have to come from the Bible, but it should definitely have a Biblical or Christian twist to it.
6) It needs to be simple.  People shouldn’t have to grab a dictionary to figure out what our names mean.

A helpful tip I always use is when I pick a name I ask myself if it’s something other people can see and would want to label themselves as.  I then ask myself how it balances out…does it reflect all of our members on an individual basis?  For example, we have many people who do not like to PvP or fight, but would rather roleplay, and so “Divine Justice” might not work as well as another.
I actually really liked “Choose Joy”, but I just couldn’t imagine how other people would see that when we’re on the battlefield killing Orcs and the Undead.  Sometimes you have to sacrifice what you feel is a good name because it doesn’t entirely fit into the situation.

I was thinking about applying a name from the Warcraft games that is unique.  For example, “Holy Light” which is a paladin healing spell, or “In Defense of the Kings Lands” which is a quest we are all very familiar with.

I’d like to wait at least one more day before we decide on a name, so have fun with your brainstorming.  Your suggestions are all very good and please keep them coming, I love hearing from you and what you have to say.

I like the one commisioned...its simple yet a catchy word that arouses a lot of questions like..commisioned for what..commisioned by whom? It seems it could fit well with all of our characters..for those with pvp focus..commisioned to exterminate the horde (cast out demons hehe) For those with an rp focus or even real life purpose commisioned to share Christ. (He said to them, "Go into the whole world and proclaim the gospel to every creature.) For healing characters commisioned to heal (you will lay hands on the sick and they will recover) etc..etc. Its simple, doesnt break the ToS as it doesnt directly refer to a religion and yet is packed full of meaning and flexibilty. So far that one gets my vote.

What about The Truth Messenjahs Cause then people know what we're all about but it's not offensive to anyone, is it?

*Votes for Commissioned*

Just that one word. The more I look at it the more I like it. It just seems so perfect. It describes us perfectly yet with so many different meanings. And it stands out so well.

Mustard Seed Conspiracy
rock.gif
?
tounge.gif

They already removed one clan for having the word cross in it, think thats kinda out of the question.
here is a link to the current naming Policy going to point out a few that are difficult to work around..

Major Religions or Major Religious Figures
Real World References
Partial or Complete Sentences
Contain "Leet" or "Dudespeak" (Messenjah I think would be put here)

I think Commissioned sounds good by the way.

The Fellowship
Knights of the Light (they're always blessing you by the light)
Harbingers of Truth or Harbingers of Light
Army of Light
The Ambassadors
The Banded
Redeemed Ones (pushing it here.)
Tribe of Light
Fellowship of Him
The Followers
Servants of the Light
The Flock
Oasis (we are an oasis in a darkened world)

Just some ideas

Back