Guild MC night???

Moonscipher

Well I had a little idea and thought I could share it with the rest of you guys. How does a guild MC night sound? I know, I know...."But we already run MC with other people." Well I thought that we could try a "guild run" on either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. By "guild run" I mean just us.
I've been part of a few new MC runs which started out with 20+ people that have been very successful in the beginning stages of MC. By just downing trash mobs we won't get saved to a run and still be able to attend our regular runs. It's just a idea but I thought we could benefit, as a guild, from the core and BOE drops. And it would give some people who haven't been to MC some exp in a relaxed setting. So what do you think? If anyone is interested please post and let me know of a good time/day for you. I was also thinking if we started early maybe we could intice a few more people to come. Say 5 or 6 server time. Anyway, just a idea :)

It sounds like a good idea, but I dont think we have enough people to pull it off. I'll admit that the fewest I've run MC with is around 30-35, not 20. But these mobs are designed to be taken down by 40 people. That means it will take twice as long to kill them and take twice the mana to heal. I don't mind trying though; the first two mobs are conveniently located near the exit in case we need to advance to the rear. I know one thing: 5 people can't do it; I've seen the video.

We will need, IMO:
1) 2-3 tanks (check); min 1 w/ FR gear (I think check)
2) 4 healers (only 2 come to mind)
3) 2 pallies to cleanse (I think we have that)
4) 1 hunter/puller (check)
5) Lots of DPS (nope)

If there is a consensus to try this (my vote would be 'yes'), Wednesday would be the only day I could do it. I also like the idea of starting a little earlier, but that would limit the number of guildies who would be able to come along

I am all for it. Its those baby steps that we need to take. And I know we have seen boe's drop off the very first trash mob before. I like the earlier start time too and would be willing to jump right in. So you got at least 1 priest. :D

I'm all for it from a learning perspective especially, but I and probably others still need to get key'd for MC. Maybe we need to schedule some runs to accomplish that first?

Personally for me, the only time I could do it would be Thursday. But I would only do a farming run. That is between 25 and 30 or so people. This would be good for the fact that we can collect mats to make FR gear and possibly get some T1 set pieces.

Well sounds like a little interest anyway. I agree with you totally Kurt but I've seen the first few mobs go down with as little as 20-non epic people. I'd like to point out that repair bills may be all we get out of the night but I'm still willing to try. I'm going to set something up in the calender for people to sign up at. I'll announce sunday what day it will be and we'll try it then.

Yeah I'd also be willing to open this up to either, A- a few select willing people, or B- the whole SGA. Adding more people will increase our chances of drops but will not guarantee Cores/BOE's for TF. My main goal for this Trash MC is like you said mike, FR for everyone and a few BOE's hopefully. We shall see :)

I can't say that I have never set foot inside MC. I soloed it once, and got as far as the third boss.

Of course, mind vision probably doesn't count...

Anyway, to this day I've never actually gone on an MC raid. Onyxia either. Zul'gurub has been fun, and I'd be more than willing to participate on a guild MC run even without the promise of boss fights. I'm only partially in it for the gear. My motivation is still the great times I get to have with this great guild.

I think we should reconsider this, Ive been thinking about it myself.

not to do any huge major damage there, but I think we could work on trash runs and get in some practice which you can do without a full 40 man raid.

:)

I think we should reconsider this, Ive been thinking about it myself.

not to do any huge major damage there, but I think we could work on trash runs and get in some practice which you can do without a full 40 man raid.

:)

Is why I asked the question, not to pick on you. Here are my reasons for not leading something like this.

1. I lead Friday/Saturday night runs
  2. Not enough interest was shown before
  3. I run MC/BWL Saturday mornings as it is
  4. Hard enough to get people to go to ZG sometimes.

I thought you were teasing and didnt realize you were serious! im sorry :)

Ive only been to MC twice.. once was a trash run.. so Im not sure Im the best candidate, but I think alot of people might be interested :)

Then again I might be totally offbase.. let's see if we get any responses..

but yeah I agree with you about trying to get people for ZG :) I see that and understand..

I suppose the question is.. whats keeping people from being more active in these runs .. time? work?

I think we have the numbers just.. you know..

I think ZG is very well ran and we like going :)

The problems I see is that ZG is run Fri/Sat at prime aggro time. Aggro from significant others to be more precise.

But if we look at doing it during the week we have issues with work the next day since a fair amount of us are on EST (+2hrs).

We cant really do it during the day on Saturday cause of other SGA runs that a few of us have been involved with from the beginning.

And doing it Sunday during the day comes into issues with people going to church.

SO, we are stuck with Fri/Sat. Now one thing that could help is moving ZG up an hour or so but then we have other issues to deal with, PST.

Right now ZG starts at 7:30 server time, 6:30 PST and 9:30 EST. We move it up to far and we deal with work and dinner. It is a catch 22. People on EST do not want to be up to late considering MC runs and/or church. SO we are out of luck. Most ZG runs last 3hrs, 9:30 PST and 12:30 EST. I personally do not see a problem with a 3 hour run. That is the amount of time some of us do for smaller 5man runs.

One other issue we have are there are a few of us that are in school and are dealing with end of term exams. This removes people from the runs.

Any more discussion of this means I have hijacked this thread more then I should have. :)

I potentially could serve as the MC leader, although with my amazing levels of personal maturity and raid leading experience, I'd prolly want John Sr., Adam, and Mikegusog along to advise me. /ironicoff

Of course, this would only be for a 2-week period between Semesters, so I really don't think it's a good idea.

well.. you know I dont mean we have to schedule it every week or anything.. and trust me when I say i understand real life gets in the way!

Im a grocery store manager.. you can imagine how much work I have to do during the holidays especially. a typical holiday week is 12 hour days 70 hour week. minimum. I probably wouldnt even be able to make runs if they started at 6pm.. mostly I work until 7 or 8 which mean I get home at 9EST. but this isnt about me in any way shape or form.

and.. hmmm.. I dont want you personally to feel pressured. this isnt about *you* leading and running the entire thing.. of course its not *not* about you. but.. its about you having fun.. if you want to go.

I was thinking maybe random scheduling of trash runs thats all.. they dont take long as you dont down bosses.. you can get goodies.. and its fun. with how well we all know each other (even for as short of a time as Ive been here) and how well we work together.. I dont think we even need a full raid. I did it without a full raid in a PUG. it was great.

I want whats best for the guild just like you do :) i dont want anyone's head to explode with thinking they have yet another thing they have to do.. obviously we have people who are skilled enough to lead things like this too imnsho :D Im not the most brilliant person of all time, but I think Ive been to UBRS enough where I could probably lead a few of those runs every once in a while and take the 'burden' (although I know its not a burden!) of leading off someone else.. kwim? And honestly? I think there are people who would like to learn to lead like Neirai.. ok TANGENT.

my main point is this: ok.. what was my point again? oh yeah.. fun. together. and learning teamwork within the guild. and getting to know each other.

anyhow.. just a thought :)

Back