Guild Event/WvW Days - what works best/worst for you?

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
I'm wanting to get a general idea of what days people are available. I was going to poll but thought a discussion thread would work better, due to limits on options and ambiguity on what evening time might mean. Specifically, I'm looking for days that are best or worst. IE: "can never make it Thursday due to bible study" or something. I also know that many of you are available "early" versus "late" in the evenings. Then there's the weekend.

WvW stuff: I'd like to talk this a bit too. Long queues are making it very tough to have an evening-based event, especially since we are often trying to wait for folks to queue in due to weird inconsistencies with how long it takes for people. What are your thoughts? Weekends (non-evening) seem much better.

So, fellow LoE: when/what works for you? I'll start.

I currently have no running commitments that would stop me from making a guild event any day of the week, but am not available most nights until 10:00 eastern. I can get on a bit earlier occasionally, but that's when I usually sign on. As far as WvW goes, I am in there most nights. I like the idea about possibly doing an event Friday as the server resets. If you spam the B button you can get in as soon as it resets, yielding 0 queue. I wish we didn't have such a long queue, and I don't like the alternative either.

I'm thinking the issue would mostly alleviate itself if we sort of did a "hey we're in all night" sort of thing, and if we were doing more general WvW stuff instead of the puzzle with a generic goal. IE: We're going to hold the south front, which means defend or advance as we can.

Last edited:
Sun - Obviously church day in the evenings maybe.
Mon - Clear and free
Tue - Most travel appointments so 2000-2300 EST Available
Wed - Clear and free 1900-2300 EST available
Thur - Spanish Class until 1930, so available 2030 - 2300 EST
Fri - Variable, depending on dates with better half call it 2030 - 2300 EST
Sat - During day Showers of Blessings and house work, evening 1900-2300 EST Available

Sun - usually out until late
Mon - out until late
Tues - possible
Wed - possible
Thurs - out until late
Fri - possible
Sat - unpredictable, but usually something is going on that keeps me from the game

So my most likely are Tues, Wed, and Fri.

Monday: LoE Servant Bible Study - 9PM
Tuesday: after 10pm Eastern
Wednesday: after 10pm Eastern
Thursday: after 10pm Eastern
Friday: generally available after 5pm Eastern
Saturday: generally available throughout the day, although I've been super busy as of late
Sunday: between 2-5pm Eastern generally

I play in ToJ's TF2sday and Left 4 Thursday events weekly and also try to hop on our UT3 server for Unreal Mondays when time allows. My wife works Saturdays, so Friday nights are probably best for me (that way I have a "break" on Wednesday nights to catch up on admin duties and/or take a break from the computer).

Pretty much any day around 3pm EST give or take an hour. Of course, day to day I may not be available, but that is when the household is typically asleep and I get into relax mode.

The title "Left 4 Thursday" almost makes me want to change the day to World V Wednesday or something.

Friday may be a very good day, as far as regular WvW goes. People tend to be able to be up later than a week night, too. The main reason I got away from that originally was the queue times and it being extremely hectic on server reset, whereas things have cooled down a bit by Thursday so that's good for a guild event. However, queue times have been horrible lately! And Thursdays can be very boring if we're completely dominating, like this week.

Friday, on the other hand, can have ZERO queue time if you spam B when the server resets...and it's extremely unlikely one team will be dominating that early on. I selfishly scheduled for Thursday this week due to not being able to make it tomorrow, but I'm thinking Friday may be the best.

I don't have a preference as to a time
i have a ruptured discs in my back and can't work so i am home 90% of the time (except Sun & Wed for church).

I prefer to join with a group of 4 or more people via teamspeak.
not being familiar with the WvW maps it helps to follow someone's directions

Correct. 8PM EST/5PM PST. And it's a blood bath!

I can't be there tonight, but I'm thinking about getting into maybe running the puzzle right @ 7. I bet there's a lot of action!

If you are in when the servers reset, do you get booted and have to requeue?

Yes, but usually there isn't a queue. Or at least during the betas when they reset the servers I never had to queue to reenter since the servers were empty when I tried to get it.

No, the moment the server completes the reset, you can immediately get in with zero wait if you keep bringing the WvW screen up until you can get in. We could get a LOT of people from our guild in instantly with this method, especially if we wanted to all go to a borderland. People tend to rush Stonemist and the rest of EB first.

I'd like to see some guild dungeon runs. I'm available late evenings (10pm eastern) any day except Sat and Thur.

I'd also like to learn WvW if anyone is up for teaching. I've tried it a couple of times and just run around and die. lol

Ryan
In Game: Liiza, Riilyn

I'm always up for a dungeon run and whatnot. Perhaps folks would be up for doing the new one, Vexas Lab? :)

Back