Guild Event - Guild Mission - Friday, Mar 1 - 9PM EST

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
With tomorrow's update we should have guild missions unlocked. It's unlikely we'll get to actually do a mission just yet, as they will probably take time to unlock like other guild upgrades. So, I'm tentatively proposing we do this on Friday, if possible.

When: Read the title
What: Guild mission. Don't have any more details than that yet, unfortunately.
Who: Err'body.

Be sure to set up TeamSpeak so you can chat with fellow guildies if you already haven't! Teamspeak.com, server: cgalliance.org, no password.

We have all guild upgrades at 5, except econ. And yes please spread da word on Teamspeak, life is much easier with TS. Last night we were stripping armour for final boss, and the one person not on TS didn't get the message and was first one to imitate a rug.

There is no Econ 5, Ursen. :) One of the nice advantages of being in a large guild - we maxed everything in about a month.

Kendrik - I'm very surprised you didn't grind an Eternity yet. What level are you at now? Also, are you aware your toon looks like a Night who says Ni? If that was on purpose...well done. :)

I think Kendrik the Green is level 57. I got distracted by the Old Republic (curse my love of Star Wars). Played the other day, though. :)

Step 1: start light armored toon
Step 2: get demon trickster (assuming the name doesn't bother you) mask
Step 3: There is no step 3, you are now a Sith lord

There was a lot of discussion last night on whether we'll be able to get one of the missions unlocked and "built" by Friday. Now that it's in game, does it look like Friday is still a go?

If so, any idea on which mission we'll be shooting for?

Looks like we should be doing some guild zone completion events so we can be ready to waypoint all over for the bounty mission.

I believe it's a go. The main reason I wanted to do Friday and not last night was due to expected build time, looks like it is rolling out as I have fortold. /evilsithlaugh On a more serious note, I asked my sweet wife to queue the Bounty Unlock up yesterday afternoon while I was at work. It costs 30k influence, and to speed it up by 25% would cost a whopping 75k influence. No thank you!

Influence cost for speeding up the upgrades is proportional to the cost of what you're building. Since the actual bounty costs 200 influence to unlock, I think we can expect to be able to instant-build for a few thousand influence. Definitely worth it, imo.

Side discussion: the bounties run a whopping 15 minutes, so I do not see this lasting us all night. Any ideas on what to do after? We could pound our way through a zone or stick with a dungeon night.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Which accelerates influence gain more; storming a zone or dungeons? Whatever helps us unlock missions more quickly might be the best way forward. As Enok states above, maybe zone completion is more beneficial since more folks will have the waypoints for later missions. We can probably do both :) but the missions are new and interesting, so I'd like to focus on getting them accomplished before additional dungeon runs (although I love dungeon runs!). Just my $0.02.

That's a hard question to answer. Here's how influence is earned:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Influence#Acquisition

Dungeons/events with guildies are definitely the best. 3 people doing a dungeon earns 100 influence, whereas doing a dungeon alone only gets you 10. 2/20 split for events. But how many events can you complete in the time it takes for a dungeon? Also, what happens if you have 20 people doing an event? Do you get 20 influence? 40? More? This question needs answered, because if 20 people can only get 20 influence...those people could be doing 4 dungeons.

In any case...events chains - good. Quick event chains should get us some influence. In my opinion, the absolute fastest method of acquisition is going to be quick dungeon runs regardless. CoF P1 can be done under 10 minutes. So a group of 5 can score 600 influence per hour, not to mention so so much money.

In short, remember the Sunspear motto - Never fight alone!

Sadly, I'll be at work Friday. I look forward to the next event night after that so I can actually see all the shinies...

I haven't seen the build time yet, but I am going to assume it's not very long as the actual bounty costs 200 influence to unlock. It's the initial Bounties unlock that is taking the time. So we may be able to do 1 every day or so.

I am looking forward to tonight this is one of the things that is so great about our guild we stick together. :cool:

I have a more important engagement, an Apologetix concert with my better half, or I would be there.

I plan to be there. Hopefully the kids will stay in bed, as my wife will be out. :D

Not knowing anything about how the mission is going to work, can I bring my lvl 68 Ele, or should I be bringing my 80 Mesmer?

Have any guilds reported doing the bounty yet?

I'm planning to be online tonight for the mission(s). Still haven't read much about them since work has been crazy this past week, so I hopefully won't be dragging along too much!

I'd recommend bringing your 80, at least until we get somewhat familiar. The rewards won't be any different, unless they scale to level. Of course if that's the case, you DEFINITELY want your 80!

Here's what to expect:
* This event won't be long. Like 15 mins time limit.
* When we kick it off, we'll be given a bounty in some zone. IE: good to have the ability to map around. I think everyone will be fine, though, as they are targeting areas where people neglect, like low-level ones.
* The boss roams. We need to find them, and take them down within the timeframe.
* Lower level should be okay, even if we go to Southsun (confirmed to be one of the spots). So many people they won't get downed much. My only concern is making sure they get credit.

For now I officially hate guild missions.

I think I'll spend the next week running my wife's characters through the world just so she has each waypoint available for next time. We literally missed each kill by a few seconds. So no credit for any of it.

/bark

I wish Anet would add in a Mission Tracker for these.

I'm thinking about doing the same Elhanan. Both zones I ended up in I had only partially unlocked, so I spent too much time zipping around trying to catch up and open up areas.

It'll be like a much larger version of unlocking all the cities on a new toon.

Still, I enjoyed the idea of the missions, and am looking forward to doing more of them. Thanks, Ryan, for organizing them.

Back